|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Harnirjodh Singh Chahal|
|• Total||2.7 km2 (1.0 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,095 m (3,593 ft)|
|• Average Income||$55,715|
|Website||Whitehorn Community Association|
Whitehorn is a residential neighbourhood in the northeast quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded by McKnight Boulevard to the north, 52 Street NE to the east, 32 Avenue NE to the south and 36 Street NE to the west. The Peter Lougheed Centre is located southwest from the neighbourhood.
Whitehorn, Also has a number of public schools in the area namely Annie Gale Junior High School.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Whitehorn had a population of 11,852 living in 3,869 dwellings, a 2.7% increase from its 2011 population of 11,541. With a land area of 2.6 km2 (1.0 sq mi), it had a population density of 4,560/km2 (11,810/sq mi) in 2012.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $55,715 in 2000, and there were 19.5% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 38% of the residents were immigrants, most of Vietnamese and East Indian origin. Most buildings were single-family detached homes and semi-detached, and 23.1% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Annie Gale Junior High, Chief Justice Milvain Elementary and Colonel J. Fred Scott Elementary public schools, as well as St. Wilfrid Elementary (Catholic).
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Whitehorn Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 5 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-10.