|Hubs||Viracopos International Airport|
|Secondary hubs||São Paulo–Guarulhos International Airport|
|Parent company||Omni Aviation
|Key people||Douglas Ferreira Machado, Rui de Almeida, José Manuel Antunes|
Whitejets Transportes Aéreos Ltda., also doing business as Whitejets Airways, was an airline based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil which was founded in 2010. It is authorized to operate non-regular domestic and international charter flights.
Whitejets was a non-regular charter airline that served domestic and international destinations as contracted by a pool of tour-operators, centralized by Club Vip tur, CVC Turismo and Nascimento Turismo. Club Vip is owned by José Manuel Antunes of Whitejets and Omni Aviation of Portugal, controller of the Portuguese charter airline White Airways.
By the end of 2011 Whitejets planned to start operating regular flights on the route Rio de Janeiro-Galeão / São Paulo-Guarulhos / Recife, while maintaining its charter operations. These plans however were never materialized.
On March 13, 2013, the airline announced that its name would change to POP Brasil and that as of April 16, 2013 it would start operating as a regular charter airline, pending on the necessary government authorizations.
However, on September 23, 2013, the Whitejets single aircraft, an Airbus A320-214 registration PR-WTB, was returned to its owner, White Airways, making unsure the future for the airline. Furthermore, the project to operate scheduled flights and change its name to POP Linhas Aéreas was also abandoned.
The airline ceased operations in 2014.
|Aircraft||Total||Years of Operation|
|Airbus A310-304||3||2010 – 2012|
|Airbus A320-214||1||2010 – 2013|
- "Whitejets - World Airline News". World Airline News. July 15, 2010. Retrieved May 11, 2013.
- "OMNI (White) cria companhia charter no Brasil: Whitejets começa a voar com um Airbus A310" (in Portuguese). Presstur. April 12, 2010. Retrieved May 9, 2010.
- "Whitejets Transportes Aéreos (Brasil)" (in Portuguese). Aviação Brasil. Retrieved May 20, 2010.
- "Whitejets e Club Vip começam a operar em 12 de junho" (in Portuguese). Panrotas. April 29, 2010. Retrieved May 9, 2010.
- "Whitejets entra nos voos regulares no Brasil: aposta é no eixo Rio-São Paulo-Recife" (in Portuguese). Presstur. October 25, 2011. Retrieved October 26, 2011.
- Verticchio, Diego (March 13, 2013). "Whitejets muda nome e terá voos regulares". Panrotas. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- "What's next for Brazil's Whitejets as its last A320 returns to Portugal". CH-Aviation. September 23, 2013. Retrieved September 30, 2013.
- "Club Vip" (in Portuguese). Whitejets. Retrieved December 22, 2012.
- "Frota atual das empresas brasileiras" (in Portuguese). Aeromuseu. September 24, 2013. Retrieved September 30, 2013.
- "Brazil:Whitejets". Airline Update. Retrieved May 11, 2013.