Whiteley Bank, also spelled "Whitely Bank", is a small village or hamlet on the Isle of Wight, United Kingdom. It is mainly known by the crossroads, now styled as a mini-roundabout, between the A3020, B3327 and Canteen Road to Apse Heath. Whiteley Bank is in Newchurch Parish.
Whiteley Bank is the home of the Isle of Wight Donkey Sanctuary. The Donkey Sanctuary was established in 1987 to provide a safe home for donkeys in distress. It currently houses about 200 animals. It was originally in Newport but had to be moved to Whiteley Bank to accommodate more animals. America Wood is a SSSI located between Whiteley Bank and Shanklin.
- "Probert Encyclopaedia - Whiteley Bank". Probert Encyclopaedia. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "IWight - Isle of Wight Donkey Sanctuary". Isle of Wight Council. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "Isle of Wight Donkey Sanctuary". www.iwdonkey-sanctuary.com. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "Southern Vectis route list". Southern Vectis. Archived from the original on 2009-11-30. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- Whiteley Bank map
- The Isle of Wight Donkey Sanctuary Official website, Isle of Wight Donkey Sanctuary.
- A Visit to the Donkey Sanctuary, WightCAM - photographically illustrated guide walks on the Isle of Wight, 2003.
|This Isle of Wight location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|