|Population||598 (2006 census)|
Whitemark has a local pub, called the Flinders Island Interstate Hotel. As well as a post office, a supermarket, a bakery, a petrol station, a mechanic, a library as well as small local produce businesses.
Whitemark Post Office opened around 1902.
The Hydro Tasmania developed power supply for the settlement in the 1980s 
The local newspaper was the 'Island News' 
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Whitemark (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2008-03-09.
- Interstate Hotel http://www.interstatehotel.com.au/. Missing or empty
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 16 June 2012.
- Tasmania. Hydro-Electric Commission (1983), Whitemark Power Station, Flinders Island : draft environmental impact statement, The Commission, retrieved 3 April 2015
- Worsley, K. G (2004), Island news : 50 years serving the Furneaux Islands, 9th July 1954 to 9th July 2004, Committee of Island News, retrieved 3 April 2015
|This Tasmania geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|