Whitewater Township, Franklin County, Indiana
Snow Hill Covered Bridge
Location of Whitewater Township in Franklin County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.21 sq mi (91.2 km2)|
|• Land||34.98 sq mi (90.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.23 sq mi (0.6 km2)|
|Elevation||889 ft (271 m)|
|• Density||76.7/sq mi (29.6/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||454057|
Whitewater Township was created in 1816.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.21 square miles (91.2 km2), of which 34.98 square miles (90.6 km2) (or 99.35%) is land and 0.23 square miles (0.60 km2) (or 0.65%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains two cemeteries: Otwell and Snow.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Reifel, August Jacob (1915). History of Franklin County, Indiana. Windmill Publications. p. 127.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
|This Franklin County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|