Whitewater Township, Hamilton County, Ohio
|Whitewater Township, Hamilton County, Ohio|
Countryside along U.S. Route 50
Location in Hamilton County and the state of Ohio.
|• Total||26.3 sq mi (68.2 km2)|
|• Land||25.4 sq mi (65.7 km2)|
|• Water||1.0 sq mi (2.6 km2)|
|Elevation||509 ft (155 m)|
|• Density||210/sq mi (81/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086235|
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Harrison Township - north
- Crosby Township - northeast, west of Colerain Township
- Colerain Township - northeast, east of Crosby Township
- Miami Township - southeast
- Lawrenceburg Township, Dearborn County, Indiana - southwest
- Miller Township, Dearborn County, Indiana - west
- Harrison Township, Dearborn County, Indiana - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Whitewater Township, although four unincorporated census-designated places lie in the township: Elizabethtown in the southwest, Hooven in the southeast, Blue Jay in the north, and Miamitown in the east.
Name and history
It is the only Whitewater Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Whitewater township, Hamilton County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.