|Population||4,275 (2016 census)|
|Location||5.6 km (3 mi) NW of Cairns|
The southern portion of Whitfield is developed as residential land rising from sea level to about 50m up the slopes of Mount Whitfield. The northern part of the suburb is undeveloped bushland within the Mount Whitfield Conservation Park which occupies the upper slopes of Mount Whitfield which rises to 350m.
Whitfield State School opened on 23 January 1989.
Whitfield has heritage listings including:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Whitfield (Qld) (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Whitfield (entry 48933)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Whitfield (SSC)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Oribin Studio (entry 602825)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
Media related to Whitfield, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons