|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|View eastbound approaching Marmion Avenue|
|Length||10 km (6.2 mi)|
|Route number(s)||State Route 83 (Marmion Avenue to Wanneroo Road)|
|Tourist routes||Tourist Drive 204 (West Coast Drive to Northshore Drive)|
|West end||West Coast Drive (Tourist Drive 204), Hillarys|
|East end||Wanneroo Road (State Route 60 / State Route 83), Woodvale|
Whitfords Avenue is an arterial east-west road located in the northern suburbs of Perth, Western Australia. It took its name from the Whitford Satellite City development through which it was built in the 1970s, which was later split into the suburbs of Hillarys, Padbury, Kallaroo and Craigie. In 1985, the part of West Coast Highway between Hepburn Avenue and Whitfords Avenue was renamed to Whitfords Avenue.
Apart from the Westfield Whitford City shopping centre, Whitfords Avenue also passes through two open spaces, Craigie Open Space near Mitchell Freeway, and Yellagonga Regional Park near Wanneroo Road.
It is allocated State Route 83 east of Marmion Avenue, and Tourist Drive 204 between West Coast Drive and Northshore Drive.
It is a four lane dual carriageway east of Endeavour Road, near Westfield Whitfords, as well as between Hepburn Avenue and Northside Drive/Tenerife Boulevard, and is a two lane single carriageway elsewhere.
- Hepburn Avenue (State Route 82) east / West Coast Drive (Tourist Drive 204) south, Hillarys and Sorrento
- Northshore Drive, Hillarys and Kallaroo
- Marmion Avenue (State Route 71), Kallaroo, Hillarys, Craigie and Padbury
- Eddystone Avenue, Craigie
- Gibson Avenue, Padbury
- Mitchell Freeway (State Route 2), Craigie, Padbury, Woodvale and Kingsley
- Kingsley Drive, Kingsley
- Trappers Drive, Woodvale
- Barridale Drive, Kingsley
- Moolanda Boulevard, Kingsley
- Wanneroo Road (State Route 60 / State Route 83 south), Woodvale, Western Australia, Kingsley and Wangara
Route map: Google
|This Western Australian road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|