Whiting, New Jersey
|Whiting, New Jersey|
Center of Whiting
|Elevation||180 ft (55 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||0881807|
Whiting is an unincorporated community located on the west side of Manchester Township in Ocean County, New Jersey, United States. It is in the Eastern Standard time zone with an elevation of 180 ft. It is known[weasel words] for many retirement communities.
Whiting was once a station stop on the Southern branch of the Central Railroad of New Jersey, a line known for the Blue Comet express. The line, which had lain dormant for two decades, will soon host freight trains bound for Woodmansie, New Jersey.
People who were born in, residents of, or otherwise closely associated with Whiting include:
- "Whiting". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- Locality Search, State of New Jersey. Accessed June 9, 2016.
- "Whiting, New Jersey Information". ePodunk.
- Boom time at edge of Pinelands: New priorities transform towns. Asbury Park Press (November 10, 2005). Archived copy at WebCite (January 17, 2010).
- Tamarkin, Jeff. "Guitarist Joe Cinderella Dies at 85; Career began in '50s and touched on pop as well as jazz", JazzTimes, November 5, 2012. Accessed April 21, 2017. "Guitarist Joe Cinderella passed away on Oct. 27 at the age of 85, in his home in Whiting, N.J., of natural causes."
|This Ocean County, New Jersey state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|