Whiting Township, Jackson County, Kansas
Location in Jackson County
|• Total||36 sq mi (93.23 km2)|
|• Land||35.96 sq mi (93.13 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.11 km2) 0.12%|
|Elevation||1,020 ft (311 m)|
|• Density||10.1/sq mi (3.9/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0473239|
Whiting Township was formed in 1872.
Whiting Township covers an area of 36 square miles (93.23 square kilometers); of this, 0.04 square miles (0.11 square kilometers) or 0.12 percent is water. The stream of Muddy Creek runs through this township.
Cities and towns
- Horton Township, Brown County (northeast)
- Mission Township, Brown County (northeast)
- Grasshopper Township, Atchison County (east)
- Straight Creek Township (south)
- Liberty Township (southwest)
- Netawaka Township (west)
- Powhattan Township, Brown County (northwest)
The township contains one cemetery, Spring Hill.
- Barr, Elizabeth N. (1907). Business directory and history of Jackson County. p. 13.
|This article about a location in Jackson County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|