|DfE URN||137192 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
Whitstone School is a specialist school located in Shepton Mallet, Somerset, England, and educates students aged between 11 and 16. The school has been a specialist Technology College since 2000; the school's headteacher is Gillian Rennard. In August 2011, the school became an academy, and in 2012 the school roll was 602 students.
Since 2009, the school's GCSE performance has been below the average of other schools in Somerset, however during its first full year as an Academy, performance increased from 44% to 56% of students achieving five or more A* to C GCSE grades including English and mathematics. In 2013, it was assessed by Ofsted as "good" on a four-point scale of outstanding, good, requires improvement, or inadequate.
- The school's cricket ground is also used by Shepton Mallet Cricket Club.
- "Whitstone". EduBase. Department for Education. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- "123872_359536.pdf" (PDF). Ofsted. 4 November 2010. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- "School details". Department for Education. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "Inspection Report: Whitstone School". Ofsted. 14 March 2013. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "Shepton Mallet Cricket Club application for funding" (Microsoft Word). 10 May 2005. Retrieved 21 November 2007.
|This article relating to a school or sixth form college in Somerset is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|