|Private limited liability company|
J.H. Whittaker & Sons, Ltd (Whittaker's) is a confectionery manufacturer specialising in palm oil-free chocolate and based in Porirua, New Zealand. Whittaker's is the second-largest chocolate brand in New Zealand, behind Cadbury, and is estimated to hold 41% of the local block market. Approximately 30% of their production is now exported. The company controls its entire manufacturing process in its facility in Porirua, calling itself a "bean-to-bar" manufacturer. James Henry Whittaker started the business in Christchurch in 1896  and it was later moved to Wellington.
James Henry Whittaker worked in the British confectionery industry at the age of 14 and moved to Christchurch, New Zealand, in 1890. Six years later he started manufacturing chocolate confectionery, selling it directly to customers using horse and van. In 1913, he established a partnership with his two sons, Ronald and James, based in Wellington. The business became a limited liability company in 1937, with third-generation Whittakers still the sole shareholders in the company. In 1992 the company formed J.H. Whittaker New Zealand Ltd.
The company's marketing phrases include "A passion for chocolate since 1896" and "Good honest chocolate"and also "from bean to bar". In 2011 it was listed as New Zealand's third most trusted brand by Bradley Colman survey. They improved their standing to 1st in the 2012 edition.
- Dr Siouxsie Wiles. "Greta's mates: The responsible generation".
- Adams, Christopher (6 November 2010). "Tough task wooing the tastebuds". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 7 November 2010.
- "The bitter aftertaste to Cadbury's closing". Otago Daily Times Online News. 23 February 2017. Retrieved 3 March 2017.
- "History". J.H. Whittaker & Sons, Ltd.
- Hannan, Hayley (25 July 2011). "Cadbury falls from grace in most-trusted survey". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- "Lawson filming at Wellington station". Stuff/Fairfax. 6 May 2014.
- "Nigella Lawson causes a stir in Wellington". New Zealand Herald. 6 May 2014.
- "Whittaker's Chocolate expands into Malaysia". Whittakers. Scoop. 19 June 2014. Retrieved 19 June 2014.