Who Are You, Polly Maggoo?
|Who Are You, Polly Maggoo?|
|Directed by||William Klein|
|Produced by||Robert Delpire|
|Written by||William Klein|
|Music by||Michel Legrand|
|Distributed by||Rank Organisation|
It is a satirical art house movie spoofing the fashion world and its excesses. It stars Dorothy McGowan as supermodel Polly Maggoo being followed by a French television crew. It also stars Grayson Hall as Miss Maxwell, a fashion magazine editor modeled after Diana Vreeland, and Philippe Noiret as the TV reporter and director. Also appearing in the film are Jean Rochefort, Sami Frey, and Alice Sapritch.
After the release of the film, which was McGowan's first and only film role, she disappeared from public view and apparently neither acted nor modeled again, according to Klein.
- Hamrick, Craig (2003). Barnabas & company : the cast of the TV classic Dark Shadows. New York: iUniverse, Inc. p. 193. ISBN 9780595290291. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- Cutler, E.P.; Eiseman, Leatrice (2014). Pantone on fashion : a century of color in design. San Francisco, CA: Chronicle Books. p. 51. ISBN 9781452115351. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- Who Are You, Polly Maggoo? at AllMovie
- Who Are You, Polly Maggoo? on IMDb
- Who Are You, Polly Maggoo? at Sundance Channel
|This article related to a French film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This film article about a 1960s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|