Who Cares? (Gnarls Barkley song)
|"Who Cares?" / "Gone Daddy Gone"|
|Single by Gnarls Barkley|
|from the album St. Elsewhere|
|Released||November 6, 2006|
|Format||CD, Enhanced CD|
|Songwriter(s)||Brian Burton, Thomas Callaway, Keith Mansfield, Gordon Gano, Willie Dixon|
|Gnarls Barkley singles chronology|
"Who Cares?" and "Gone Daddy Gone" are songs performed by Gnarls Barkley and are featured on their debut album, St. Elsewhere. The songs were released on November 6, 2006 as a double A-sided single from that album in the United Kingdom (see 2006 in British music). A week later, on November 13, 2006, the single debuted at No. 60 in the UK Singles Chart. "Gone Daddy Gone" is a cover of the Violent Femmes song. The song peaked at No. 26 on Billboard's Modern Rock Tracks chart, and at No. 35 on Billboard's Adult Top 40 chart. The song "Gone Daddy Gone" is also featured in the soundtrack for the video game Tony Hawk's Project 8, the soundtrack for Forza Motorsport 2 and in the trailer for the Chris Rock film I Think I Love My Wife.
- UK CD1
- "Who Cares?" (Longer Version) – 3:00
- "Gone Daddy Gone" – 2:28
- UK CD2
- "Who Cares?" – 2:14
- "Gone Daddy Gone" (Live From Later With Jools Holland) – 2:40
- "Who Cares?" (Video) – 3:00
- "Gone Daddy Gone" (Video) – 2:36
On September 29, 2006, the music video for "Gone Daddy Gone" premiered on MTV, MTV2 and Much Music. Directed by Chris Milk, the video features vocalist Cee-Lo, producer Danger Mouse, and the orchestra as fleas who spot a lovely young woman and chase her, getting slaughtered one by one. A video was also made for "Who Cares?", featuring Mario Van Peebles as a bored Blacula unsuccessfully hitting the bars for a victim, doing routine errands, and finally attacking a young man and watching TV with him. Gnarls Barkley's MySpace account featured screencaps of the video as the background to premiere with the video. The video has also premiered on MySpace's music video section.
|Australian ARIA Singles Chart||90|
- "The double-A single released November 6 on Warner Bros. Records". Contact Music. Retrieved November 5, 2006.
- "Gnarls Barkley Who Cares? / Gone Daddy Gone UK DOUBLE CD SINGLE SET (378896)". espirit. Retrieved November 5, 2006.
- "Music Charts – The Official UK Top 75 Singles: Week of Mon 13 Nov – Yahoo! Music UK". UK Singles Chart. Retrieved November 12, 2006.
- "Gnarls Barkley: Artist Chart History". Modern Rock Tracks. Billboard. Retrieved December 28, 2006.
- "Pandora Archive" (PDF). Pandora.nla.gov.au. August 23, 2006. Retrieved March 15, 2012.