Who We Are (Imagine Dragons song)
|"Who We Are"|
|Song by Imagine Dragons|
|from the album The Hunger Games: Catching Fire – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and Smoke + Mirrors (Super deluxe edition)|
Westlake Recording Studios
(Los Angeles, California)
"Who We Are" is a song by American rock band Imagine Dragons. The song was originally recorded for the 2013 Soundtrack album The Hunger Games: Catching Fire – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, which serves as the official soundtrack to the 2013 American science-fiction adventure film The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. It appears as the seventh track on the album.
The song's lyrics allude to District 12, a region of the fictional country of Panem in The Hunger Games universe, subject to the nation's mining industry, and recounts the feelings of the rebels in District 12 at the onset of the rebellion towards the end of Catching Fire. In addition, the song makes several apparent references to The Hunger Games, especially the events of Catching Fire, including the attic where the protagonists of the novel meet during the rebellion of District 11 and "the view from up here", which references Katniss Everdeen's strategy of climbing trees to get a better view of the arena during the Hunger Games themselves.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||89|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||194|
|US Rock Songs (Billboard)||22|
- Carlin, Shannon. "'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Soundtrack Features The Weeknd, Imagine Dragons & Lorde". Radio.com. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Sims, Andrew. "Listen to Imagine Dragons' 'Who We Are' from the 'Catching Fire' soundtrack". Hypable. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Imagine Dragons Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Chart Log UK: New Entries Update (30.11.2013 – Week 47)". zobbel.de. Tobias Zywietz. Retrieved December 1, 2013.
- "Imagine Dragons Album & Song Chart History". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
|This 2010s song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|