Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up whorl in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A whorl is a type of spiral or circular pattern.
Other meanings of whorl include:
- Whorl (botany), the attachment of sepals, petals, leaves, or branches at a single point
- Whorl (biology), the structure of some organs, used in the aid of identification
- Whorl (fingerprint), a type of fingerprint pattern
- Whorl (mollusc), a single, complete 360° turn in the spiral growth of a mollusc shell
- Body whorl, in a mollusc shell the most recently formed whorl of a spiral shell, terminating in the aperture
- Hair whorl, a whorl in the hair of an animal
- Hair whorl (horse), hair whorls in horses
- Spindle whorl, a weight attached to a spindle
- Whorl (album)
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Whorl.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.