From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up whorl in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Not to be confused with Whirl.
A whorl is a type of spiral or circular pattern.
Other meanings of whorl include:
- Whorl (botany), the attachment of sepals, petals, leaves, or branches at a single point
- Whorl (biology), the structure of some organs, used in the aid of identification
- Whorl (fingerprint), a type of fingerprint pattern
- Whorl (mollusc), a single, complete 360° turn in the spiral growth of a mollusc shell
- Body whorl, in a mollusc shell the most recently formed whorl of a spiral shell, terminating in the aperture
- Hair whorl, a whorl in the hair of an animal
- Hair whorl (horse), hair whorls in horses
- Spindle whorl, a weight attached to a spindle
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Whorl.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.