Why (Jason Aldean song)
|Single by Jason Aldean|
|from the album Jason Aldean|
|Released||November 15, 2005|
|Jason Aldean singles chronology|
"Why" is a song written by Rodney Clawson, Vicky McGehee, and Big & Rich's John Rich and recorded by American country music artist Jason Aldean. It was released in November 2005 as the second single from Aldean’s 2005 self-titled debut album. The song became Aldean's first number one hit on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
A mid-tempo ballad backed by electric guitar, the song centralizes on the male character who has finally come to the realization that he has caused his lover emotional pain. He then asks himself why he lets himself treat her wrongly, and why he takes so long to show his feelings for her.
Kevin John Coyne of Country Universe gave the song a positive review, saying that it is "interesting" and sounds "very real and sincere".
The music video was directed by Wes Edwards. It premiered in the week of November 14, 2005.
"Why" debuted at number 49 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs for the week of December 3, 2005. As of April 2015, the song has sold 675,000 digital copies in the United States.
|US Billboard Hot 100||43|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||10|
- Coyne, Kevin John (2005-12-03). "Jason Aldean - "Why"". Country Universe. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- Matt Bjorke (April 22, 2015). "Country Music's Top 30 Digital Singles: Week of April 22, 2015". Roughstock.
- "Jason Aldean Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- "Jason Aldean Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- "Best of 2006: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2006. Retrieved July 10, 2012.