Widescreen comics is a movement within the field of comic books named both for its very cinematic decompression style and its tendency to use panels of greater width relative to their height, mimicking the aspect ratio of widescreen cinematic presentation.
Some widescreen comics, such as the New X-Men 2001 Annual, are published horizontally with the staples at the top.
- Warren Ellis, The Authority, Planetary, Stormwatch
- Geoff Johns, The Flash, JSA
- Mark Millar, The Authority, The Ultimates, Wanted
- Grant Morrison, All-Star Superman, JLA, New X-Men, We3
- Joss Whedon, Astonishing X-Men
- John Cassaday, Astonishing X-Men, Planetary
- Bryan Hitch, The Authority, Stormwatch, The Ultimates
- Howard Porter, JLA
- Frank Quitely, All-Star Superman, The Authority, New X-Men
- Cameron Stewart, Batman and Robin, Seaguy