Castle Hernieuwenburg, now town hall
|• Mayor||Jan Stevens|
|• Governing party/ies||CD&V|
|• Total||21.76 km2 (8.40 sq mi)|
(1 January 2017)
|• Density||440/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
Wielsbeke is a municipality located in the Belgian province of West Flanders. The municipality comprises the towns of Ooigem, Sint-Baafs-Vijve and Wielsbeke proper. On January 1, 2006, Wielsbeke had a total population of 8,906. The total area is 21.76 km² which gives a population density of 409 inhabitants per km².
- Jan Cal (b. Wielsbeke, 1956), founder of Option N.V.
- Niko Eeckhout, a professional road racing cyclist. He was the champion of Belgium in 2006.
- Noël Demeulenaere, a person who has a lot of influence in cyclism and former mayor of the village.
- Wim Vromant writes books for children.
Birth house of the second generation of the family De Clerck, founders of the Beaulieu group
- Population per municipality as of 1 January 2017 (XLS; 397 KB)
|This West Flanders location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|