||This section needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009)
Bezirk Wien-Umgebung is a district of the state of Lower Austria in Austria. The district comprises four non-contiguous districts on the outer fringes of Vienna: these are Klosterneuburg and Gerasdorf to the north of the city, Schwechat to its south-east and Purkersdorf on Vienna's western side.
Vienna International Airport, the headquarters of Austrian Airlines, and the headquarters of Niki are in the city of Schwechat, in the district.
The district will exist as such until the end of 2016. In 2017 the municipalities in this district will become part of adjacent districts.
Suburbs, hamlets and other subdivisions of a municipality are indicated in small characters.
- Ebergassing, Wienerherberg
- Fischamend-Dorf, Fischamend-Markt
- Gerasdorf bei Wien
- Gerasdorf, Föhrenhain, Kapellerfeld, Oberlisse, Seyring
- Himberg, Velm, Pellendorf, Gutenhof
- Höflein an der Donau, Kierling, Klosterneuburg, Kritzendorf, Maria Gugging, Weidling, Weidlingbach
- Maria Lanzendorf
- Hainbuch, Mauerbach, Steinbach
- Au am Kraking, Pfalzau, Pressbaum, Rekawinkel
- Kledering, Mannswörth, Rannersdorf, Schwechat
- Irenental, Tullnerbach-Lawies, Untertullnerbach
Situation in 2017
The district Wien-Umgebung will be dissolved in 2017. 13 municipalities in the South East will become part of the Bruck an der Leitha District, namely Ebergassing, Fischamend, Gramatneusiedl, Himberg, Klein-Neusiedl, Lanzendorf, Leopoldsdorf, Maria Lanzendorf, Moosbrunn, Rauchenwarth, Schwadorf Schwechat and Zwölfaxing. Six municipalities in the West will become part of the Sankt Pölten-Land District, namely Gablitz, Mauerbach, Pressbaum, Purkersdorf, Tullnerbach and Wolfsgraben. Klosterneuburg in the North West will become part of the Tulln District and Gerasdorf bei Wien in the North East will become part of the Korneuburg District.
Coordinates: 48°18′N 16°19′E / 48.300°N 16.317°E