Wien Mitte railway station
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Owned by||Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB)|
|Operated by||Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB)|
Wien Mitte is a rail and U-Bahn station in Vienna, close to the city centre. It is the city terminus of Vienna's City Airport Train (CAT), which provides non-stop service to Vienna International Airport. The station is a major hub for S-Bahn suburban trains, with little service by Inter-City trains. The station is connected to the Mitte / Landstraße U-Bahn station.
The first train station to occupy this site was called Hauptzollamt and opened in the 1850s. It was rebuilt between 1899 and 1901 to connect with the Stadtbahn, which ran below ground. When the S-Bahn opened in 1962, this station was renamed Landstraße, which remains the name of the U-Bahn portion. The main portion of the station was renamed Wien Mitte after it became a stop for international trains in 1975 due to construction at the Wien Franz-Josefs-Bahnhof. Most of the present station was constructed between 2007 and 2013. The U-Bahn uses the facilities of the former S-Bahn station.
City Airport Train
The City Airport Train's city terminus is located at Wien Mitte. The CAT terminal houses self-service kiosks, staffed check-in desks and baggage drops exclusively for CAT passengers. The journey to the airport via CAT takes 16 minutes.
- Ottakring - Westbahnhof - Volkstheater - Stephansplatz - Landstraße - Simmering
- Hütteldorf - Längenfeldgasse - Karlsplatz - Landstraße - Schwedenplatz - Schottenring - Spittelau - Heiligenstadt
- Mödling - Wien Meidling - Wien Hauptbahnhof - Wien Mitte - Wien Floridsdorf - Gänserndorf
- Wiener Neustadt Hbf - Baden - Wien Meidling - Wien Hauptbahnhof - Wien Mitte - Wien Floridsdorf - Wolkersdorf - Mistelbach - Laa an der Thaya
- Wien Meidling - Wien Hauptbahnhof - Wien Mitte - Wien Floridsdorf - Stockerau - Absdorf-Hippersdorf / Hollabrunn
- Wien Floridsdorf - Wien Mitte - Wien Rennweg - Flughafen Wien (Vienna airport) - Wolfsthal
- to Vienna airport - every 30 mins
Landstraße U-Bahn station is serviced by both U3 and U4 and has 4 platforms. U4 goes north and south of the station whilst U3 goes west and south-east.
- "Airport to Vienna Center nonstop in 16 minutes". CAT. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
Media related to Wien Mitte train station at Wikimedia Commons