Wife Wanted (1946 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Phil Karlson|
|Produced by||Jeffrey Bernerd
|Screenplay by||Caryl Coleman
|Based on||the novel Wife Wanted
by Robert E. Callahan
|Music by||Edward J. Kay|
|Edited by||Richard C. Currier
|Distributed by||Monogram Pictures|
Wife Wanted is a 1946 American crime[clarification needed] directed by Phil Karlson, featuring Kay Francis, Paul Cavanagh and Robert Shayne. This was Kay Francis's last film. The film's screenplay was written by Caryl Coleman and Sidney Sutherland, based on the novel Wife Wanted by Robert E. Callahan.
Carole Raymond (Francis) is a film star whose best years are behind her so she decides to buy in a real estate plan with Jeff Caldwell (Cavanagh), who's really running an illegitimate matrimonial service.
- Kay Francis as Carole Raymond
- Paul Cavanagh as Jeffrey Caldwell
- Robert Shayne as Bill Tyler
- Veda Ann Borg as Nola Reed
- Teala Loring as Mildred Kayes
- Jonathan Hale as Philip Conway
- Tim Ryan as Bartender
- Barton Yarborough as Walter Desmond
Kay Francis was unhappy with the first script, so she and director Phil Karlson set about obtaining a re-write, and became a producer on the film.
The production period was from mid-June to early July 1946.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wife Wanted (1946 film).|
- Wife Wanted at the American Film Institute Catalog
- Wife Wanted on IMDb
- Wife Wanted at AllMovie
- Wife Wanted at the TCM Movie Database
|This article about a 1940s crime drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|