Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas
|Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas|
|Studio album by The Wiggles|
|Released||6 September 1996|
|Recorded||The Tracking Station Studios, Sydney|
|The Wiggles chronology|
All tracks written by (or trad arr. by) M. Cook, J. Fatt, A. Field, G. Page, except listed below.
|1.||"Have a Very Merry Christmas"||J. Field||0:31|
|2.||"Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas"||M. Cook, J. Fatt, A. Field, G. Page, P. Paddick||2:14|
|3.||"With a Shiny Red Nose" (spoken)||0:07|
|4.||"Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer"||Marks||1:56|
|5.||"If You See Santa" (spoken)||0:11|
|6.||"Go Santa Go"||J. Field||1:49|
|7.||"Ding Dong Merrily on High"||1:29|
|10.||"Unto Us, This Holy Night"||J. Field||2:04|
|11.||"Feliz Navidad"||J. Feliciano||2:20|
|12.||"Peace and Joy to Everyone" (spoken)||0:05|
|15.||"Let's Clap Hands for Santa Claus"||1:32|
|16.||"Breebop Poem" (spoken)||0:08|
|17.||"Henry's Christmas Dance"||1:36|
|18.||"Jeff's Christmas Tune"||1:59|
|19.||"Pirate Food Poem" (spoken)||0:11|
|20.||"It's a Christmas Party on the Goodship Feathersword"||1:56|
|21.||"Away in a Manger"||1:03|
|22.||"Wags Ate the Rags" (spoken)||0:07|
|23.||"Wags Is Bouncing Around the Christmas Tree"||1:27|
|26.||"We Wish You a Merry Christmas"||0:26|
Credits are taken from the album's liner notes.
The Wiggles are: Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Greg Page, and Anthony Field
- Vocals – Greg Page
- Backing Vocals – Paul Paddick, The Wiggles
- Engineered by: Chris Brooks, Alex Keller, Roy Mollace, Aaron Ruig
- Recorded at The Tracking Station Studios, Sydney
|Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas|
Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas 1997 cover
|Directed by||Dean Covell|
|Produced by||Dean Covell|
|Distributed by||Roadshow/ABC Video (#100767)|
The album was also made into a video with the same title. It was originally released in 1997 in the Australia region. It was later edited and re-released in 1999 to account for changes made in the TV series and the addition of a "Wiggly Christmas Medley".
- Have a Very Merry Christmas
- Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas
- Rudolf the Red-Nose Reindeer (1997 version only)[note 1]
- Here Comes Santa Claus
- Go Santa Go
- Ding Dong Merrily On High
- Christmas Star
- Unto Us This Holy Night
- Feliz Navidad
- Jingle Bells
- Christmas Picnic
- Let's Clap Hands for Santa Claus
- Henry's Christmas Dance
- Jeff's Christmas Tune
- It's a Christmas Party on the Goodship Feathersword
- Away in a Manger
- Wags Is Bouncing Around the Christmas Tree
- Silent Night
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
As with The Wiggles Movie, the costumes for The Wiggles and friends were updated.[specify] It is the first video besides the movie where The Wiggles have logos on their shirts. Producer and Director Dean Covell added "3D animation" to the videos.
In an August 1997 article by The Sun-Herald, The Wiggles planned to release the Christmas video in November, and was going to tour New South Wales and Victoria. The Powerhouse Museum website listed the video as being released in September 1997. However, the Powerhouse Museum exhibit itself showed a poster with a release date for Wiggly Wiggly Christmas on ABC Video for 13 October.
The cast as presented on the videos:
- Additional Cast
- Captain Feathersword: Paul Paddick
- Dorothy the Dinosaur: Leeanne Ashley
- Dorothy's Voice: Carolyn Ferrie
- Henry the Octopus: Charmaine Martin
- Wags the Dog: Edward Rooke
- Santa: Jonathon Mill
- Mexican Puppets by Balooga Puppets
- Iggy: Graeme Haddon
- Ziggy and Frank: Edward Rooke
- Feliz Navidad Dancers: Larissa Wright, Reem Hanwell, Elyssa Dawson, Kristen Knox, Rhiannah Kitching, Shannon Smith
- Mary: Clare Field
- Joseph: Joseph Field
- Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer: Cassandra Halloran
- Reindeer: Jessica Halloran, Sian Ryan, Sofia Silvestrini
- Elves: Clare Field, Joseph Field, Emma Ryan, Natasha Petracic, Ashleigh Johns, Alicia Bryant, Laura Tilt, Anthony Silvestrini, Leonardo Silvestrini
- Shepherds: Jessica Halloran, Sian Ryan, Emma Ryan
- Wise Men: Cassandra Halloran, Sofia Silvestrini, Anthony Silvestrini
- Donkey: Laura Tilt
- Cow: Alicia Bryant
- Sheep: Natasha Petracic, Ashleigh Johns
- Drummer Boy: Leonardo Silvestrini
- Little Girls: Georgia Munro-Cook, Ceili Moore
|Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas (re-release)|
Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas (re-release) 1999 cover
|Distributed by||Roadshow/ABC Video (#102341)|
The video was re-released in 1999 with the removal of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", and the addition of a concert track called "Wiggly Christmas Medley".[note 2] The medley was filmed from their Toot, Toot! tour at the Sydney Entertainment Centre in December 1998, and contains different camera angles before and after the song in comparison to its version on The Wiggly Big Show. Some minor typos in the video such as "Felice Navidad" were corrected, along with some cleanup on the title bars and closing credits.
A listing of release dates for the 1999 edition. The US DVD features a photo gallery.
- Region 4 (Australia): 1999 (Roadshow/ABC Video #102341)
- Region 2 (United Kingdom): 1 November 1999 (Walt Disney Home Video, EAN 5017186111975)
- Region 1 (North America): 24 October 2000 (HIT Entertainment, under Lyrick Studios #2505)
- Region 1 (North America): 30 September 2003 (HIT Entertainment #24031)
- Region 2 (United Kingdom): 21 November 2005 (HIT Entertainment HIT41802 2-pack with Yule Be Wiggling)
- Region 4 (Australia): 9 October 2006 (Roadshow #102341-9)
- Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer was listed on the back cover of the 1999 UK video edition, but was not in the actual video.
- The songs in the Wiggly Christmas Medley are: "Have a Very Merry Christmas", "Unto Us, This Holy Night", "Feliz Navidad", "Jingle Bells", "Henry's Christmas Dance", "Let's Clap Hands for Santa Claus" and "Go Santa Go".
- Wiggly Wiggly Christmas booklet, last page
- "Photo of Wiggles video exhibit". Archived from the original on 31 January 2015. Retrieved 31 January 2015.
- Sarno, Tony (17 October 1997). "Wiggles Get In On The Act". Sydney Morning Herald.
- Williams, Sue (9 August 1997). "World Wakes Up To The Wiggles". The Sun-Herald. Archived from the original on 2014-10-18. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
As well as gearing up for the movie's launch and the release of another Christmas video in November, A Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas, the group is touring NSW and Victoria country areas, although often these days in far bigger venue
- "Powerhouse Museum - The Wiggles Videography". Powerhouse Museum. Archived from the original on 2013-09-23. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "2006, English, Video edition: Wiggly, wiggly Christmas (videorecording)". National Library of Australia. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Buy Wiggles, The - Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas (Handle Case) on DVD-Video from". EzyDVD.com.au. Retrieved 5 December 2013.