A WikiNode is a standard page that shows how a wiki relates to other wiki projects and communities on the Web. It is part of the WikiNodes Project, which aims to create a fabric among wikis, allowing users to traverse "Wikiland" via topically related links.
Wikipedia's sister projects
Free media repository
Wiki software development
Wikimedia project coordination
Free textbooks and manuals
Free knowledge base
Collection of quotations
Directory of species
Free learning materials and activities
Free travel guide
Dictionary and thesaurus
Encyclopedias without WikiNodes
- Citizendium – An encyclopedia project that encourages the general public and experts to collaborate, using their real names.
- Enciclopedia Libre Universal en Español – A Spanish language encyclopedia project.
- LoveToKnow 1911 – Wiki version of the 1911 Encyclopaedia Britannica. ...however, note [that] : As of 24 November 2013[update], the Main Page says, [quote:]
Thank you for visiting the 1911 encyclopedia. This site is no longer available.
- Wikinfo – A project to create a universal open content reference resource and a platform for the meshing of encyclopedic material, original and creative work and public domain material to further education and information.
- Wikiweise – a German language encyclopedia project.
- WikiZnanine – a Russian language encyclopedia project.
- Conservapedia – A wiki-based web encyclopedia project written from a U.S. nationalist, social conservative, and Conservative Christian point of view.
- Uncyclopedia – A "content-free encyclopedia" and a parody of Wikipedia.
- UK LGBT Archive – a wiki aiming to become a comprehensive encyclopedia of LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans) history in the United Kingdom.
Other wiki communities
- WikiWikiWeb – The original wiki: its primary focus is "People, Projects, and Patterns" in software development, but it stretches out to far more than that.
- Meatball Wiki – A community of active practitioners striving to teach each other how to organize people using online tools.
- CommunityWiki – A wiki community for talk about communities both online and offline.
- Wikia – A collection of wiki communities.
- WikiIndex – a wiki of wikis, wiki people and wiki ideas.
- Wiki-Net – A concept for an exchange of information about wikis among neighboring wikis
- Oddwiki – A "Mother Wiki" that helps people to try out a wiki, at very low cost, and see if it "works."
- Free Culture – An international chapter-based student organization that promotes the public interest in intellectual property and information & communications technology policy.
- FrathWiki – A wiki for fantasy languages, worlds and cultures (avoiding 'innocent spam', i.e. people posting about personal projects, on Wikipedia).
- IRC: server: freenode, channel: #Wikipedia
- Collaborative editing: moon-edit, server: is-root.de, port: 32123, page: en.Wikipedia