This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|David Vellante, Founder and CEO; David Floyer, Founder and CTO|
Number of employees
Wikibon is a community of practitioners and consultants on technology and business systems that uses open source sharing of free advisory knowledge. The company was launched in 2007 by David Vellante, David Floyer and Peter Burris and is headquartered in Marlborough, Massachusetts. Wikibon has approximately 5 employees.
Wikibon compares itself to technology research services such as Gartner and International Data Corporation. Unlike them, its research is available under a GNU General Public License. Wikibon's research is created and made available in the form of a wiki, enabling contributors to post content, add to existing content, and offer changes and amendments.
Wikibon holds calls to allow IT practitioners to share information it calls Peer Incite. Wikibon creates and shares infographics, and covers topics such as cloud computing, big data, and virtualization on its blog. Forbes magazine called a Wikibon report estimating the size of the "big data" market "groundbreaking" in 2012.
- Babcock, Charles (March 18, 2011). "Cloud Becoming A Major Disaster Recovery Strategy". InformationWeek. Retrieved 2011-03-23.
- Courten, J (July 20, 2010). "Around David Vellante from Wikibon in 10 questions". Analyst Relations. Retrieved 2011-03-23.
- Neubarth, Michael (August 17, 2009). "Open Source Research: One-on-One With Wikibon's Founder". CIO Zone. Retrieved June 20, 2013.
- Dinan, Michael (August 4, 2008). "Wikibon Intros Green, Money-Saving Service for IT Companies". TMCNet. Retrieved 2011-03-23.
- "Peer Incite archive". Company web site. Retrieved June 20, 2013.
- "Infographics". Wikibon Blog.
- Williams, Alex (November 29, 2010). "3 Infographics About Cloud Computing". ReadWriteWeb. Retrieved June 20, 2013.
- Furrier, John (February 17, 2012). "Big Data is Big Market & Big Business - $50 Billion Market by 2017". Forbes. Archived from the original on February 19, 2012. Retrieved June 20, 2013.
- Wexler, Steve (March 2, 2011). HP Storage Blitz Leverages 3PAR Acquisition. Network Computing
- Schillinger, Raymond (March 18, 2011). Surviving the Data Deluge: a Call to Action for the 21st Century. The Huffington Post