- A project is under way to add short descriptions to all articles. This is mainly for the benefit of mobile users searching Wikipedia. Help is welcomed – please visit WikiProject Short descriptions to learn more.
- Announcing SearchSuite. It provides user control over search results: it can strip them down to a single-spaced list, sort, and more. Most of its features are presented as menu item toggles to turn each feature on/off. Each menu-item-controlled feature works on the output of all the others, in both their on and off states. Feedback and feature suggestions welcome.
- Do you have need for a specialized script that doesn't exist yet, or have an idea for a cool new script or gadget? Post requests and ideas at Wikipedia:User scripts/Requests.
- Free subscriptions to high-quality paywalled journals, newspaper archives, and online reference works are available for Wikipedia editors. For more information, see Wikipedia:The Wikipedia Library/Databases
Projects seeking help
Also consider posting WikiProject, Task Force, and Collaboration news at the Signpost's WikiProject Report page.
- Wikipedia:Typo Team/moss just got a fresh batch (from the July 1, 2018 database dump) of articles with misspelled words, and words missing from Wiktionary. Stop by and experience the satisfaction of fixing all the misspellings in an article on the topic of your choice!
Nearing completion (need remainder of annotations added)
Need link placement
Update: The portal system upgrade is proceeding full steam ahead. So far, 3 standard sections have been redesigned to be automated (self-updating) and nearly maintenance-free: the introduction section, the categories section, and the Associated Wikimedia section. Of those, the intro and Wikimedia sections have been upgraded on almost all the existing portals. Other sections that have new components being designed for them: Selected article, Selected picture, In the news, and Did you know. New standard features under development and testing include Selected item sections (where the "item" is subject-dependent), recognized content sections, picture slideshows, excerpt slideshows, and panoramas. The Portals WikiProject has become an idea lab. Ideas and edits are welcome. Come tell us what you would like the portals of the future to be able to do. Make a wish. It may very well come true.
Recently added or overhauled portals
- You can find more portals to work on at Portal:Contents/Portals
Discussions and collaborations
Discussions in the following areas have requested wider attention via Requests for comment: