Wikipedia:2008 main page redesign proposal/Chexmix53
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This is a failed proposal. Consensus for its implementation was not established within a reasonable period of time. If you want to revive discussion, please use the talk page or initiate a thread at the village pump.|
I don't know enough html to do a page on my own, but I looked at all the other suggestions and this is what I have to say:
- I think that putting the date on the first page is a great idea. The page changes everyday and the date just looks classy.
- I am sure that the search bar is the #1 used item in this network and it shouldn't be hidden in the corner. It should be an invitation to browse to newbies. Prominent. I'm thinking, at the very top of the page, with a separate background so this whole stands out, it has a wiki logo, an explanation of Wikipedia with the logo, a search bar inviting you to test drive the site, and the date on the very right. All the information they need right away.
- I think that the next thing on the page should be a horizontal layout of the portals with the pictures. Like on Wikipedia:2008 main page redesign proposal/ChyranandChloe only a little smaller and horizontal.
- I think the most important thing to do would be to look at what buttons people click on on the main page that most and move them around accordingly. If the links at the bottom are not used that much, then get rid of them.
- Ideally, I think you should be able to create your own main page for avid users. Like MSN home pages. That would be awesome.