Wikipedia:WikiProject Articles for creation/Help desk
|Main page||Talk page
Reviewer — AFCH
Category — List
|Showcase||Assessment||Participants||Reviewing instructions||Help desk||Backlog drives
A reviewer should soon answer your question on this page. Please check back often.
|Skip to today's questions · Skip to the bottom · Archived discussions|
- 1 August 21
- 2 August 22
- 2.1 01:01:42, 22 August 2015 review of submission by TwoQuarters
- 2.2 07:14:43, 22 August 2015 review of submission by DmitryPopovRU
- 2.3 12:25:18, 22 August 2015 review of submission by Spotify123456
- 2.4 13:37:14, 22 August 2015 review of submission by DanielCarlTaylor
- 2.5 16:23:26, 22 August 2015 review of submission by Ghlphotography
- 2.6 Request on 19:19:08, 22 August 2015 for assistance on AfC submission by Baiamericana
- 3 August 23
- 4 August 24
- 4.1 09:51:41, 24 August 2015 review of submission by 18.104.22.168
- 4.2 13:08:58, 24 August 2015 review of draft by Smartartone100
- 4.3 14:40:05, 24 August 2015 review of submission by Ktsekos
- 4.4 Request on 16:38:28, 24 August 2015 for assistance on AfC submission by Isuzufin
- 4.5 Request on 16:51:33, 24 August 2015 for assistance on AfC submission by Lancelot54321
- 4.6 17:19:01, 24 August 2015 review of submission by Cbdig
- 4.7 22:26:51, 24 August 2015 review of submission by Lisajanrose
- 5 August 25
- 5.1 08:36:13, 25 August 2015 review of draft by Jainmohitpvtltd
- 5.2 12:09:29, 25 August 2015 review of submission by Fwisniewski
- 5.3 12:41:15, 25 August 2015 review of submission by Doe Ko Ko
- 5.4 14:27:15, 25 August 2015 review of submission by Joebattimelli
- 5.5 15:14:21, 25 August 2015 review of submission by 22.214.171.124
- 5.6 17:06:38, 25 August 2015 review of submission by GemmaSuyat
- 5.7 Request on 18:52:11, 25 August 2015 for assistance on AfC submission by TodayTix
- 5.8 21:47:11, 25 August 2015 review of submission by Invisiboy42293
- 6 August 26
- 7 August 27
- 7.1 06:01:20, 27 August 2015 review of submission by Sanidhya.jain78
- 7.2 06:55:46, 27 August 2015 review of submission by 126.96.36.199
- 7.3 06:55:59, 27 August 2015 review of submission by 188.8.131.52
- 7.4 09:48:31, 27 August 2015 review of submission by Opteamix LLC
- 7.5 14:26:59, 27 August 2015 review of submission by Pochoaa
- 7.6 17:50:51, 27 August 2015 review of submission by Rebeccaartsarmy
- 7.7 06:49:47, 28 August 2015 review of submission by Tjbones88
- 7.8 10:18:25, 28 August 2015 review of draft by Fashionworld 2015
- 7.9 11:13:39, 28 August 2015 review of submission by CockerellDerm15
- 7.10 13:11:08, 28 August 2015 review of submission by Paracel63
05:02:56, 21 August 2015 review of submission by Svarg23
Hi , My article " VINEETH MANUEL C " submission was declined. Can you help me to submit the article in the correct format.
- I have deleted two unacceptable "external links" from the draft, and converted a third to a properly-cited citation. I hope you will try to do the same for the rest of your "external links". Maproom (talk) 19:20, 22 August 2015 (UTC)
12:30:48, 21 August 2015 review of submission by AudLegasse
Hello, I am wondering how my subject "Reginald Hodges" does not meet notability guidelines? What actions can I take for this article to be accepted?
- I looked at the first six of the 32 references you have provided. They all confirm that Hodges exists, but none of them really shows that he is notable. I haven't bothered checking the rest (and it wouldn't surprise me if a reviewer also didn't bother). So if there are good references in there, I suggest you delete the others, and make it easier for a reviewer to find them. But if you can't find anything better than those first six, then I'm afraid he just isn't notable. This isn't your fault, it's just how things are: you have clearly done what you can. Maproom (talk) 19:29, 22 August 2015 (UTC)
17:33:01, 21 August 2015 review of submission by 184.108.40.206
I am at a loss to know what to do next. I am a volunteer providing website and computer support to a very small, cash poor registered non-profit in Toronto. I've worked hard to help get their website to a point where the volunteer Board of Directors is very happy (www.ourplacecommunityofhope.com).
I thought added a Wikipedia reference would not be difficult. I've done it before.
I've added as many references as I could think of that legitimizes the existence of this charity/non-profit.
It has been serving the homeless adult community in Toronto for over 46 years.
Could you provide something specific I still need to do?
- You haven't told us what draft, or whatever it is, you are referring to. But it's not the subject's existence you need to establish, but its notability. Maproom (talk) 19:35, 22 August 2015 (UTC)
01:01:42, 22 August 2015 review of submission by TwoQuarters
Hello. My original submission was rejected. I was not clear on what I needed to do, other than formatting, so I've tried to improve the format with links, references, etc. I can't seem to remove sample images that appear in the submission and I am sure my formatting needs major help. Can you point me in the right direction???
- HiTwoQuarters. I've done the format fixes on your draft, but you need to do some work on the referencing. See WP:REFB and WP:CITE for guidance. Julie JSFarman (talk) 19:47, 22 August 2015 (UTC)
07:14:43, 22 August 2015 review of submission by DmitryPopovRU
Please note that this page I am sure has established notability. Please look and give me some advice for this page.
12:25:18, 22 August 2015 review of submission by Spotify123456
Please help me make a real article because my draft Hep Stars:1964-69
13:37:14, 22 August 2015 review of submission by DanielCarlTaylor
I wrote an entry on Simons Foundation -- and it was rejected because the material was believed better within the entry on one of its founders "Jim Simons" However, Simons Foundation is worthy of a stand-alone entry. It is now one of the 20 largest philanthropic foundations in the world with assets over two billion dollars It is active in areas that are not noted on Jim Simons wiki (such as Life Sciences) Additionally, based on my research it seems that the foundation has been led by his wife; it is not led by Mr Simons
I would appreciate help separating the presentation of one of the founders from his foundation Please advise me as to what I need to do? DanielCarlTaylor
- If the Foundation is worth over two billion dollars, maybe you should mention that in the article, with a citation. Maproom (talk) 19:54, 22 August 2015 (UTC)
16:23:26, 22 August 2015 review of submission by Ghlphotography
Would like someone to take a look at my revised submission and I would then like to resubmit. Would like assistance with this.
Thank you in advance for your time and attention.
- The draft needs inline citations of reliable published third-party sources, to establish its subject's notability. While it has none, it will certainly be rejected. Maproom (talk) 20:00, 22 August 2015 (UTC)
01:35:32, 23 August 2015 review of submission by Sigursteinn
I would like to know how a page like "Maus (band)" can exist with a single reference but this Casio Fatso article with its 9-10 different references is denied. The references in question are for example an interview with the band on the national radio station Ruv.is (it doesn't get any higher than that in this country). The article also references 3-4 different interviews with the band and reviews of their cd. Please help Sigursteinn (talk) 01:35, 23 August 2015 (UTC)
Hi, I would like some advice on how I can edit my article to better address the reviewer's comments. Would appreciate help on identifying lines that have peacock terms or do not have a neutral tone and any advice you can give on how to change these. I have looked at other pages linked to SMU such as the page on 'Lee Kong Chian School of Business' and I feel like the tone and sources I've used are similar so I'm not sure why my draft has been rejected. I'm really new at this so any help would be appreciated.
Hi, I am keen to get this entry approved, and am unsure why it is not being accepted. The problem seems to be with the references and golden rule. In my opinion, the article cites significant coverage in reliable sources that are independent of the topic (including references from x3 independent business magazines). I am unsure of what to do next. Please help.
09:51:41, 24 August 2015 review of submission by 220.127.116.11
Hi, which sources in particular seem unreliable and are worth resourcing?
- The main issue I'm seeing with the draft is a lack of coverage from non-PRIMARY sources. All of the awards lists are from the groups that give the awards, and while this does not mean that they're false, it means that no notability can be established from them. The other issue is a lack of coverage - there are only two articles (the Miami New Times) that talk about I-Dee in any great detail. As I said on the draft itself, if only one source has ever bothered writing about him, then he doesn't seem to have been noticed. Primefac (talk) 13:24, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
13:08:58, 24 August 2015 review of draft by Smartartone100
- Smartartone100, please see WP:IMAGE for the syntax of putting an image on the page. Please keep in mind that (a) images are not required for drafts, and (b) the image must be released for free use by the original author (in other words, if you didn't take the picture and you don't have permission, don't upload!). Primefac (talk) 13:15, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
14:40:05, 24 August 2015 review of submission by Ktsekos
Greetings, first of all excuse my poor use of English, so to the point,
this is the 3rd time my draft is rejected, mostly because the references are not that good and the dont show why my draft is notable.
Actually Athinorama, is probably the oldest Athens city guide and probably the most-trustworthy one, so i cant find many references due to similar/competition sites do not publish articles relevant to Athinorama. On the other hand, because Athinorama target mainly Greek audience is also hard to find references from sites abroad.
Could you please give me some guidance?
- Hi Ktsekos - if you can't find good sources in English please use Greek sources, such as mainstream news media or magazines. Roger (Dodger67) (talk) 15:24, 25 August 2015 (UTC)
I need help adding references as my original submission was rejected. Do you recommend working with someone who can help my company get their submission improved so that we can resubmit for approval?Isuzufin (talk) 16:38, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
The subject of this article DOES NOT already exists in Wikipedia
- Lancelot54321, your "Notable Knights" section is directly copied from Knight, and I found much of the remaining material in Orders, decorations, and medals of the United Kingdom. A summary of a summary does not a valid article make. Primefac (talk) 16:58, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
17:19:01, 24 August 2015 review of submission by Cbdig
I have added numerous resources that appear valid to me. Please advise as to exactly what I need to look for. The sources that I've added include manufacture about us pages, news posts, etc.
- Wikipedia already has an article on W. C. Bradley Co., so all the pre-1925 stuff is irrelevant to this article and should be deleted. But you do need to explain what Char-Broil is. Is it a division of Bradley? The article ought to say. Maproom (talk) 19:10, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
22:26:51, 24 August 2015 review of submission by Lisajanrose
This is my first attempt at creating an article. To date we didn't pass the notability test, and I can understand why that is. I believe I have collected enough citations to support notability but I don't understand the "Help:Referencing for beginners" page. Can you suggest easy to understand instructions for creating references?
Thanks, Lisa Rose
- Lisajanrose, in looking at your draft, it seems you have a fair number of references that mention The Lighthouse specifically, but not the documentary film itself. Having been released in 2005 there should be a fair number of online sources which can be linked to. If there wasn't any press about this film, then it cannot be considered notable and thus does not merit an article on Wikipedia. Primefac (talk) 10:48, 25 August 2015 (UTC)
08:36:13, 25 August 2015 review of draft by Jainmohitpvtltd
- Jainmohitpvtltd, do you have a question about your draft? Primefac (talk) 10:39, 25 August 2015 (UTC)
12:09:29, 25 August 2015 review of submission by Fwisniewski
I have submitted this article a few times now and it keeps getting declined. I would like to have to assistance on how I can make this adhere to all of the Wikipedia rules to setup this page. If someone could get in touch regarding this it would be much appreciated.
- Fwisniewski, in looking at the references, none of them actually talk about BAFE; they simply say "we use BAFE accreditation" without giving any significant detail about the organisation itself. Notability is determined by how much coverage the subject receives, and receiving only single-sentence mentions does not pass the threshold. Primefac (talk) 12:29, 25 August 2015 (UTC)
12:41:15, 25 August 2015 review of submission by Doe Ko Ko
14:27:15, 25 August 2015 review of submission by Joebattimelli
Can you please give more information/specifics as to why the article has been declined? There is mention of the subject not being noteworthy enough but examples of others in his field are on Wikipedia. From what I can see, the sourcing/referencing is within Wikipedia guidelines.
Any help would be much appreciated.
- Joebattimelli, half your references are from Unilever itself or its press releases, which are PRIMARY sources and thus not usable for demonstrating notability. LinkedIn is not a reliable source at all, and I have removed those references. You'll need more sources that are not directly connected to Weed or his companies. Primefac (talk) 15:19, 25 August 2015 (UTC)
- And just as a general rule of thumb, while directors and CEOs of public companies are probably notable, I would suggest that other corporate executive rarely are.--ukexpat (talk) 13:53, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
15:14:21, 25 August 2015 review of submission by 18.104.22.168
- This is the only contribution 22.214.171.124 has ever made to en:Wikipedia. It is impossible for us to guess what submission it refers to. Maproom (talk) 16:33, 25 August 2015 (UTC)
17:06:38, 25 August 2015 review of submission by GemmaSuyat
Hi there, I've recently submitted an article on my company's CEO, Marc Nohr: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Marc_Nohr. I just wanted to get some advice on why it's been rejected three times for not including enough substantial coverage and demonstrating his nobility. If you look at the article you can see whilst some references are just mentions in passing, I've still included a fair few that speak specifically about the individual. Is there a certain number of articles specifically on the individual that need to be included for it to pass?
Also just looking at other profiles of advertising CEOs, some don't seem to include many references discussing the subject and instead link out to several Wiki pages so just want to understand how this works? I'd really appreciate some detailed feedback on how I can improve the article, for example I've referenced this article which directly talks about Marc's hire as Fold7's CEO (http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/nohr-named-fold7-chief-executive/1338786), and also another about him leading an agency 100 poll (http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/article/803761/nohr-heads-power-100-agency-leaders) can you explain why this material isn't valid?
I would like assistance with making the content as verifiable as possible so that my submission does not get rejected again. I need help with the citations and references as my first submission got rejected.
- Giving your submission a quick glance, I see two main issues: 1) it's non-neutral and ad-like; 2) it's deficient in references. As for the first point, this is easily fixed. Try writing the article as an objective overview of the topic and not an advertorial; provide facts, not interpretation. Secondly, we are looking for extensive coverage from independent and reliable sources, such as magazine or newspaper articles, books, reviews, etc.; most of the paragraphs are currently unreferenced, so I would look into that if I were you. Best, FoCuS contribs; talk to me! 20:36, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
21:47:11, 25 August 2015 review of submission by Invisiboy42293
I would like to cancel my AfC submission and instead just move the article to the mainspace, as I feel the article is finished and the AfC process is taking too long. Can I do that and, if so, how?--Invisiboy42293 (talk) 21:47, 25 August 2015 (UTC)
- Invisiboy42293, it's been 12 days, and there are over 500 pages to review (and we only have about a dozen reviewers active at the moment). We're doing the best we can, and your page will be looked at soon. Please have patience. Thank you. Primefac (talk) 07:36, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
- I understand, and I don't mean to seem rude or suggest anything negative about the editors at AfC. I know that my article is just one of hundreds you guys are working hard to get through, and I don't want to minimize that at all. Truth be told, this was something of a misclick; I usually just move my drafts straight to the mainspace when I'm done with them. In other words, I'm probably just used to these things happening instantaneously. Anyway, keep up the good work, and hopefully my article will be reviewed fairly soon.--Invisiboy42293 (talk) 20:12, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
08:52:16, 26 August 2015 review of submission by Images138
Hi, there are not many verifiable sources on the internet about the awards, except a few articles which i have referenced. What shall i do?
- Images138, if there are no more verifiable sources for the award, then it does not meet The Golden Rule and therefore cannot have a page on Wikipedia. Primefac (talk) 08:56, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
- Images138 Have you looked for sources that are not online, such as architecture or photography magazines? Roger (Dodger67) (talk) 12:59, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
10:15:44, 26 August 2015 review of submission by Samsmith48
Hi, I have been trying to upload this article on Vinay Varma for a long time now. The article is ready, the sources and external links are ready, but for some reason I can't figure out how the citation works. Can someone please please help me out with this?
- Citations are placed by moving the details of a reference within <ref> ref tags </ref>, such as here. For more help see WP:REFB. FoCuS contribs; talk to me! 20:38, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
13:39:45, 26 August 2015 review of submission by Amunagi
I want to find out if my revised draft, submitted 21 August 2015, will be accepted. The previous draft was rejected on the 14 August 2015. Then I addressed the criticism by including independently verifiable facts about my subject's notability in the form of additional references. Amunagi (talk) 13:39, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
- He passes WP:PROF. I'll accept shortly. Thank you, FoCuS contribs; talk to me! 20:54, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
14:04:06, 26 August 2015 review of submission by Kenbloom01
I am requesting assistance for my submission of Blue Monday: Kickoff for National Men's Health Week
It keeps getting rejected for notability and I can't figure out why. I've added references from several independent media sources in multiple states that have promoted and covered the event. Blue Monday is recognized by several states and state governments with multiple media outlets promoting Blue Monday. I am respectfully requesting assistance to improve this submission so that it is published. Thank you in advance for your help.
- Hi Kenbloom01 I still think your draft would be best suited as a section in the already existing International Men's Health Week article, which really needs to be improved anyway. Roger (Dodger67) (talk) 22:41, 27 August 2015 (UTC)
06:01:20, 27 August 2015 review of submission by Sanidhya.jain78
I have tried creation of a wiki article for Koovs which got disapproved because of advertorial reason,I understood the concern and after going through wiki guidelines again I have submitted the content written with a nuetral point of view with good reference links,
can you please help me creating a better and valuable content,
06:55:46, 27 August 2015 review of submission by 126.96.36.199
06:55:59, 27 August 2015 review of submission by 188.8.131.52
Hello, this is my first time trying to post something on Wikipedia. I have input an article about a professor at the University of Basel which already exists in German. This should just be a translation. I don't quite understand why it was declined.... can anybody help? Thank You
09:48:31, 27 August 2015 review of submission by Opteamix LLC
My submission got declined due to notability issue. please suggest which portions I need to edit and how can I make the content notable. It will be great if you can give an example in my content. Also is there any other issue that I need to fix? Thanks for your help. Opteamix LLC (talk) 09:48, 27 August 2015 (UTC) Opteamix LLC (talk) 09:48, 27 August 2015 (UTC)
14:26:59, 27 August 2015 review of submission by Pochoaa
Hi i have submitted the page twice and gotten denied both times. I work for the company and i am trying to make a wikipedia page for it but i am not sure why i keep getting denied! Thank you! Pochoaa (talk) 14:26, 27 August 2015 (UTC)
- Hello there! If you're referrning to Solis Energy, I see it's been declined once before, due to lack of notability. If you read WP:GNG and WP:CORP, you'll see you need to provide extensive coverage from independent and reliable sources. I did a quick search myself and couldn't find much, so I honestly don't think this has good chances of being accepted at this time. Regards, FoCuS contribs; talk to me! 01:04, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
17:50:51, 27 August 2015 review of submission by Rebeccaartsarmy
Hello, Wikipedia team! I would like to know more about why my article was declined so that I can make appropriate changes. I recently submitted an article about PlayPenn, a theater organization that holds annual conferences to develop and perform new plays. I was careful to use a variety of impartial sources, including several newspaper articles. In several cases I did cite the PlayPenn website as a source, but that was only to attribute basic information about the organization, such as the names of the people in charge, organizational history, etc. In addition, I was careful to use non-promotional, impartial language. Any praise of the organization or of the theater scene in Philadelphia came from outside sources such as newspaper articles. So I am unsure why my article was declined for being written like an "advertisement."
Thank you very much for any guidance you can provide! I appreciate it.
- I don't know quite what to say. If you can't see how promotional the writing is, all sparkly with "new" and "vibrant" and other promotional terms, then I am inclined to suspect you're more used to writing press releases and advertising copy (no insult intended, honestly). Our expectation here is that the tone of an article should be clear, clean, and matter-of-fact, without a bunch of fluffy pull-quotes only tangential related to the topic of the article. --Orange Mike | Talk 19:59, 27 August 2015 (UTC)
06:49:47, 28 August 2015 review of submission by Tjbones88
I'm kinda new with wikipedia. I'd love to write some articles about photography that is my passion. So, I noticed that one of my fav photographers out there was not yet in the english version of the wikipedia and I decided to start with him. But I'm doing something wrong. Could you please tell me how to improve my article to get it published? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you so much.
10:18:25, 28 August 2015 review of draft by Fashionworld 2015
Hi, I need your help. I create a draft on account1, and paste it to account "Fashionworld_2015", but article is deleted. Now i reedit the content, which is very similar to the previous one, is it alright? Areticle is "EDressit".
If there is still some matters, plz tell me some. Yours sincerely, Fashionworld_15
- The draft is to be deleted as a copyright violation. Wikipedia drafts must use 100% of your own words. Fiddle Faddle 10:50, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
11:13:39, 28 August 2015 review of submission by CockerellDerm15
The article on Clay J. Cockerell was declined. I'd like to know why it was declined and how to rectify this so the article can be approved. Please advise. The login is CockerellDerm15. Thank you.
13:11:08, 28 August 2015 review of submission by Paracel63
Hi! It seems this article draft doesn't adequately show the subject's notability. I've come to be involved with it's development through my occupation as a mentor at Swedish Wikipedia, where the article Mattias Bärjed is developed in parallel. I've looked through the notability criteria, and I do find things there that match the article draft in its current state. The draft deals with a Guldbaggen winner (sourced, criterion #8 for musicians/ensembles?). Is it a problem that he hasn't made an international solo career (despite him being amply known from his years with The Soundtrack of Our Lives)? Much of his musical career has been with TSOOL, and then he has done lots of session/concert work with notable groups such as Refused, Broder Daniel, The Hellacopters and the like. His later years as a film score composer has been quite successful as well, and that is sourced in the article draft. But maybe there are notability problems that I cannot detect right now. Many thanks for enlightening me on this. Best of wishes.--Paracel63 (talk) 13:11, 28 August 2015 (UTC)