AIV Console is a little Wikipedia tool I (DavidWS (contribs)) and pretty soon User:Addshore have created that makes it easy for Wikipedians who have been granted +sysop to easily patrol the AIV page and block the vandals listed at that page. It's licensed under the GPL, and the main project page (as well as downloads) is on Google Code.[not in citation given] The application is written in Visual Basic 2008.
- 0.1 built November 1st, 2008 - Sent to Xenocidic for testing.
- 0.1.1 built later that day - Sent to Xenocidic for testing.
- 0.2 built November 10th, 2008 - Sent to J.delanoy for testing. Unfortunately, due to the stupidity of Windows Vista, it doesn't feel like running on his computer.
- 0.2.1 built November 10th, 2008
- 0.2.3 built November 12th, 2008 - Ability to block for a custom length of time, bug fixes, and J.delanoy, it will now work on your computer.
- 0.3 and 0.3.1 built November 12th, 2008. - Major overhaul internally. UI wise, it now shows a list of the 50 recent contribs the user has made (and a button to show the diff of any edit in the list), and it has the ability to show the user's previous blocks. It also shows the reporter's comments.
- 0.3.2 built November 12th, 2008. - Major and minor bug fixes.
- 0.4 built November 13th, 2008 - Migrated to VB 2008 (.NET). Major internal overhaul (obviously). Real XML parsing with System.XML, GZIP HTTP, multithreaded HTTP requests, a good RegEx engine, etc.
- 0.5 built November 13th, 2008 - Huggle style diffs and improvements.
- 0.5.0.1 built November 13th, 2008 - Huggle style diffs improved. One minor (non-bug, non-important) change.
- 0.5.0.2 built November 14th, 2008 - Much better layout, some bug fixes.
- 0.5.0.4 built November 14th, 2008 - Some bug fixes and default time list and other stuffs....
- 0.5.0.5 built November 26th, 2008 - Default block reasons (requested by User:Thehelpfulone)
- 0.5.0.6 built November 26th, 2008 - An autoupdating system (requested by User:Thehelpfulone after he was too lazy to go to the googlecode site)
- Shows a list of users reported that updates every 51/2 seconds
- When you click on a user, contribs show to the right. Click on one, and you get a diff above.
- The block form, and its amazing ability to block users.
- The block form gives you some options, similar to the real block form. It notifies the user automagically that they have been blocked with Template:GBlock.
- Huggle-style diffs
- In the block form, you'll see previous blocks.
- A somewhat streamlined interface thanks to User:J.delanoy (he showed me how it would be good)
- Anything you want me to add (see below)