Wikipedia:April Fools/April Fools' Day 2012
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of events:
As per tradition, some unusual deletion requests were made.
Ironical page names
- Snow is nominated for deletion by Σ and, unsurprisingly, kept per WP:SNOW.
- WP:SNOW is nominated for deletion by User:Dennisthe2, with the rationale that it will be deleted as per itself.
- Earth is nominated for deletion (again).
- user:DennisTheTiger used his sock to nominate Schrödinger's cat for deletion, owing to uncertain notability until the AFD was closed
- Likewise, he also nominated Mental confusion in a (confused?) attempt to remove confusion.
- Irony is nominated for deletion by sheer coincidence.
- Our policy to ignore all of the rules if they are not convenient was, again, nominated for deletion
- Zen is nominated for deletion, with the rationale that it should not be deleted. Strangely, it was promptly closed with the assumption of a mistake.
- Deletion is, again, nominated for deletion. In turn, its AFD is nominated in AFD, which itself is nominated in MFD, then the MfD is also nominated in MfD, which, itself, is Nominated for MfD
- Wikipedia:Arguments to avoid in deletion discussions is nominated for deletion with some pretty interesting arguments.
- Deletion is itself Nominated for deletion!
- Nonsense is put up for speedy deletion as patent nonsense.
- vandalism is nominated for speedy deletion as pure vandalism.
Just plain nonsense
- TPH nominates Nyan Cat for deletion, and puts in Tautology for a second round in AFD.
- Dennis momentarily became a rooster instead of a tiger, and argued for "weak chicken" of Nyan Cat, on the basis of an excerpt from the essay Chicken Chicken Chicken: Chicken Chicken, and Lowellian buffaloed all arguments to the contrary.
- Time travel is nominated for deletion from 50 years in the future. Complete with its own log.
- Logic is nominated for deletion by Manishearth, who forces Logic to vanish in a puff of Logic. The proof itself vanishes in a puff of Logic, leading to a bit of recursion.
- User:The Utahraptor nominates this page for MfD
- User:Dennisthe2 nominates Recursion for deletion, AFDs his own nomination, and subsequently AFDs that nomination....
- User:Dennisthe2 couldn't decide what to do with Decision making, so he nominated it for deletion for others to make a decision.
- After he was possessed by Herostratus, Temple of Artemis is nominated for deletion by The Blade of the Northern Lights.
- After possessing The Blade of the Northern Lights for the purpose of recognition, Herostratus was nominated for deletion by Σ.
- Imaginary unit is nominated for deletion due to its not being real.
- Hoax is nominated for speedy deletion as a hoax
- Larry Sanger is up for a deletion
- Wikipedia:Don't stuff beans up your nose is nominated for deletion by User:Jasper Deng 
- The article about ponies is nominated for deletion by Freywa.
- Bowser (character) is proposed for Deletion by Mario for kidnapping his princess.
- An innuendo-filled AFD for Said the actress to the bishop.
- Login was nominated for deletion with a rationale that it was contradictory to the User Logout "special" page, complete with links thereto
- The Daleks are nominated for DELETION... by the Cybermen!
- Roy Sullivan is nominated for deletion on account of the policy WP:BLP7E.
Requests for adminship
- User:TenPoundHammer nominates his cat to be an admin.
- User:The Utahraptor nominates his legitimate alternate account to be an admin.
- User:BuickCenturyDriver nominates his handy dandy iPod for adminship.
- WP:NOTNOW is nominated for `cratship.
- Justin Bieber is nominated for adminship.
- ...and his RfA is deleted!
- Cyberpower678 nominates his talking parrot for adminship.
- Cyberpower678 claims he's blocked and reports it on ANI.
- The Blade of the Northern Lights (with a bit of assistance) shows the world that RfA is truly hell.
Other strange requests and nominations
- A request for comment asking whether E. E. Cummings should be written in all lowercase starts here by The Blade of the Northern Lights
- User:Larry Sanger is nominated for getting the account creation flag.
- user:Six Sided Pun Vows requests full protection of WP:AFD  and request is granted after WP:AFD was turned into a disambiguation page by User:Alzarian16. 
- User:Breawycker requests full protection of google.com.
- LioneltBot is put up for bot approval. It is an autoerotic bot written in Wikipedish which will help you win edit wars and can create undetectable sockpuppets.
- And again, User:Jimbo Wales...
- CycloneGU's user page is marked as historical.
- User:The Utahraptor decides to take a wikibreak from his wikibreak
- User:Ron Ritzman leaves in a hissyfit.
- As does TenPoundHammer.
- Brandon Harris temporarily creates the whole of Wikipedia.
- THE Administrator Cabal is finally exposed.
- April Fools' Day needs to be read standing on your head. 
- user:DennisTheTiger redirected his own user page to Dennis the Menace using his left sock, as his right sock got lost in the dryer....
- The picture on portal:Barack Obama is "updated." 
- Somehow a news item from The Onion slips past the right-wingers and makes it to the In the News section of portal:Conservatism 
- Caricatures of presidential GOP candidates added to Timeline of modern American conservatism []
- 1 April 2012 Tedder (talk | contribs) changed protection level of Wikipedia:Requests for adminship [edit=sysop] (expires 01:30, 1 April 2012 (UTC)) [move=sysop] (indefinite) (Only allow cabal-approved users to run for adminship.) (hist)