Wikipedia:April Fools/April Fools' Day 2007
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
April fools 2007
- The Today's Featured Article on the Main Page (pictured) was George Washington (inventor), who was actually a real person. However, the fact that it was featured on the Main Page was obviously a spoof off of the famous George Washington, the President. In fact, the article was created, nominated for featured-article status, and put on the Main Page in a mere 5 days.
- Special:Recentchanges was briefly hacked to display a message from Jimbo Wales saying that, because of vandalism, he would start charging editors to edit Wikipedia unless they were members of the cabal. A fake credit card registration page was also made as an extension of the joke.
- It was also nominated for deletion.
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Jimbo Wales
- A fake article about a truck driver named Bill Clinton
- Jimbo Wales' userpage was edited to display him as a Pirate. 
- A parody of AfD (the word "votes" is censored because AfD is not supposed to be a vote)
- Wikipedia:Bots/Requests for approval/VandalBot
- Mozilla Firefox was briefly hacked to make it appear as if it was about the biological species "Firefoctus mozillae" (permalink). Later it was suggested to be merged with itself (permalink).
- Wikipedia talk:April Fool's Main Page, but not implemented.
- Viridae went into the MediaWiki namespace and temporarily changed the Block IP Text to include links to Wikipedia:No climbing the Reichstag dressed as Spider-Man and Wikipedia: There is No Cabal, both of which are "official" Surpreme Cabal policy. It was then reverted 4 minutes later by Cyberjunkie. Viridae then added the links back in 40 minutes later. Cyberjunkie then deleted them again 1 minute later.
- Category:Pages blessed by the input of Wikipedia user tjstrf, which was included in the signature of the user who created it. This prank actually led to a modification of WP:SIG forbidding the inclusion of categories in signatures.
- Around 1048 UTC, the header for Special:Watchlist was replaced by a large image of Jimbo's eyes with the caption "Jimbo is always watching"
- From 02:49, March 26 (!) til 22:59, April 1 Wikipedia:Tip of the day was 'Ask Jimbo Wales' (also here); making fun of users who spam Jimbo with stupid questions
- Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates saw the likes of Hughes Complex, Arnisee Lake, and Run away!!!.
- MediaWiki:Sitenotice was changed by Alkivar. 
- Dark Shikari changed Wikipedia:Votes for Deletion from a redirect to a new page, where users could vote on the deletion of votes. This concept had previously been created as a non-April Fools vandalization by SPUI.