How to release a new version
- Double-check everything, including Wikia support
- Download the latest zip version of AWB released from sourceforge.
- Unzip to a folder called the same as the zip. Then rename the folder to the new version to be released.
- SVN update working copy to latest (Right click on AWB source folder in Windows Explorer and use Tortoise SVN -> SVN update)
- Increment the AutoWikiBrowser and WikiFunctions Versions to the release versions and commit: ..\AWB\AWB\Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs and ..\AWB\WikiFunctions\Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs e.g. rev 8979
- Then do a release build in Visual Studio or SharpDevelop.
- In SharpDevelop: Select Build → Set configuration → Release and then press F8 to build solution.
- Browse to AWB\bin\Release and copy WikiFunctions.dll, Newtonsoft.Json.dll, AutoWikiBrowser.exe and AWBUpdater.exe to the folder you created, overwriting all files.
- If rebuilding plugins:
- Copy CFD.dll into the Plugins\CFD folder and overwrite.
- Copy Kingbotk AWB Plugin.dll to the Plugins\Kingbotk folder and overwrite.
- Whilst still in the SVN plugin folder, browse to WPAssessmentsCatCreator\WPAssessmentsCatCreator\bin\Release and copy WPAssessmentsCatCreator.dll - This isn't built with AWB, however, when any updates have been done to it, they are built into the release and committed to the SVN - This should be up to date. If you are in doubt, and have the Visual Basic Express, build a release copy. This goes into Plugins\WPAssessmentsCatCreator on your desktop.
- Create zip as AutoWikiBrowserxxxx.zip, with xxx being the version without full stops.
- For the separate AWBUpdater archive, just place a new copy of the exe into the separate zip, and rename accordingly
- Even if you have an antivirus running, use an online virus checker such as viruslist.com to make sure that the zip file is 100% virus-free.
- Log in to sourceforge project, you need admin rights for the our project
- Click to files, click to "autowikibrowser" folder
- Add a new folder AutoWikiBrowserXXXX (XXXX = version, matching zip file name)
- Click to the folder you just created, upload the zip file.
- Edit the properties of the file (use i icon) to set it as the default release for all platforms.
- Wait a minute or two and the sourceforge pages should refresh to show the new release as the latest release at summary.
- Update version at Wikipedia:AutoWikiBrowser/CurrentVersion
- Now, decide whether to tag the release in SVN
- On AWB folder in root of working copy choose Tortoise SVN -> branch/tag
- Fill in path to be as \tags\REL_X_X_X_X to match release version
- Execute this and a new tag will be committed to repo
- Finally, update the AutoWikiBrowser and WikiFunctions Versions again, adding .1 to the end, to mark the SVN versions, and commit this back to the SVN as a version bump e.g. rev 8982
Update AWB Pages
- Visit Wikipedia:AutoWikiBrowser/CurrentVersion, and set version to current version.
- Visit Template:Latest stable software release/AutoWikiBrowser and set release date.
- Visit Wikipedia:AutoWikiBrowser/History and update the history for this release, and remove the HTML comments around the release.
- If you are an admin visit Wikipedia:AutoWikiBrowser/CheckPage/Version, or if not, get an admin to, and update the versions
<!-- Current version: 3900 --><!-- Newest version: 4000 --><!-- Updater version: 2009 -->
Setting the versions: Current version is the earliest enabled AWB release, Newest version is the newest AWB release. The update is mandatory if user version is < current; the update is optional if user version is >= current and < newest.
Remove any of the asterisked old versions, and add an asterisked new version, like below for the new version. Also add one for the SVN version
* 22.214.171.124 enabled * 126.96.36.199 enabled
where 188.8.131.52 is the svn version. Current version should be the oldest working version.