|This page is currently inactive and is retained for historical reference. Either the page is no longer relevant or consensus on its purpose has become unclear. To revive discussion, seek broader input via a forum such as the village pump.|
|This page in a nutshell: The "autochecked" user group had neither active use nor any possibility of future use. See proposal to delete it. As of 2015, the group no longer exists.|
Autochecked was a user group associated with the pending changes protection features. While its name may suggest that those users' edits are automatically accepted when the latest revision is already accepted, rather than requiring review by an administrator or reviewer, it does not grant such abilities - since 'autoconfirmed' is checked as well and they do not possess this user right. The FlaggedRevs extension always checks the presence of autoreview for any automatic review, and possibly other restrictions on top of it, so 'autoreview' cannot be removed from autoconfirmed users otherwise they could not be autoreviewed in any case. As a consequence, autoreview cannot be used for PC2 either. In conclusion, there is no current or potential use for this group, and it shouldn't be granted.
As of July 2015, the user group has been disabled per phab:T91934.
- Wikipedia:Reviewing pending changes
- Wikipedia:Pending changes caveats An essay on why the use of PC was severely limited
- Wikipedia:PC2012 for an overview and links to the discussion leading to the development of this policy.
- Special:PendingChanges Backlog of pending edits
- Special:StablePages List of pages with PC protection applied