Wikipedia:Automated taxobox system/which
Automated taxobox system
- Which should be used?
- Changing the taxa displayed
- Convert a taxobox to an automated taxobox
- Glossary of automated taxobox parameters
- Automatic taxobox – mainly for genera and higher taxa
- Speciesbox – for a species
- Subspeciesbox – for an animal subspecies
- Infraspeciesbox – for a plant subspecies or variety
- Hybridbox – for an animal hybrid within a genus
- Ichnobox – for a trace fossil
- Oobox – for a fossil egg
Which automated taxobox template should I use?
The decision is based on the "target taxon" – the taxon on whose page the automated taxobox will appear.
- Is the target taxon an organism, living or extinct?
Is the target taxon a species?
Is the target taxon an animal that is a hybrid between two genera?
Is the target taxon a subspecies or lower rank?
Please remember: There's not yet consensus to convert all taxoboxes to automatic taxoboxes. Please use your discretion when converting: and always preview your edit before saving.