|This page contains material which is kept because it is considered humorous. Please do not take it seriously.|
It is no great secret that, over the years, Wikipedia has seen many colourful moments of fun. Also no great secret is that Wikipedia has seen many forms of vandalism. Occasionally, an edit falls into both categories: it is vandalism, needing to be reverted, but it is also creative, and some Wikipedians find it entertaining. For many years, the bits of vandalism and/or fun that struck people's fancy were kept here on a page called "Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Nonsense", or "BJAODN". In fact, it was one of the oldest pages on Wikipedia, having been created some time before January 26, 2001. Here is the original explanation of the page:
We need a page where bad jokes and other deleted nonsense can rest in peace. So, here it is! [I'm half tempted to suggest keeping the jokes inline with the pages, as they must sort of give the encyclopedia some lively colour. But I do know it'd just get carried away and turn into an encyclopedia of silliness, so look forward to frequent updates of this page. ;-)
However, in 2007, consensus (sort of) shifted against keeping most BJAODN on Wikipedia (see Wikipedia talk:Silly Things), and it came to be viewed by many as encouraging vandalism. Things are no longer added to this group of pages on Wikipedia itself (except on rare occasions), but have been moved to another site, and only a few highlights are maintained below. (Please go to an external wiki to add to BJAODN. Thank you very much.) For all those who thought BJAODN was some sort of alien mating call, please read Wikipedia talk:Silly Things
- The original Bad jokes and other deleted nonsense, from our nostalgia Wikipedia
Best of Jokes
- Wikipedia:Best of BJAODN
- Wikipedia:More Best of BJAODN
- Wikipedia:Even more Best of BJAODN
- Wikipedia:Yet more Best of BJAODN
- Wikipedia:Still more Best of BJAODN
Theof this page was a pure hoax, albeit one inspired by an original from outside Wikipedia.
Created by Carpenters13, this elaborate hoax history dated the first wet floor sign to 220 BC.
- /Hamsteria, hamsters make their own country.
- /Template:Uw-delmain1, an almost useless user warning template.
Other funny stuff
- m:Category:Humor, a far-out selection of, like, meta-topics that totally transcend the English Wikipedia, man.
- Really Reformed Church of Wikipedia — Y' know, like, this one, dude!!!
- The Unofficial WikiZoo Provides a permanent home for the strange fauna of WikiLand.
- Wikipedia:April Fools - Once a year, some Wikipedians seem to lose their minds
- Wikipedia:Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Helpdesk Emails - Mailing list oddities!
- Wikipedia:Bad Jokes and Other Deleted Unblock Emails - Strange Unblock requests!
- Wikipedia:Bad Jokes and Other Non Deleted Nonsense would be BJAODN if it had been deleted.
- Wikipedia:Deleted articles with freaky titles (WP:DAFT) - Weird article titles!
- Wikipedia:Department of Fun
- Wikipedia:Lamest edit wars - Occasionally, Wikipedians get into edit wars over the most petty things
- Wikipedia:List of really, really, really stupid article ideas that you really, really, really should not create
- Wikipedia:No climbing the Reichstag dressed as Spider-Man
- Wikipedia:Silly Things/Wikipedia's article on George W. Bush
- Wikipedia:Talk page highlights - Some of the strangest exchanges that have ever occurred between editors
- Wikipedia:Unusual articles - ranging from Death erection to Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel
- Wikipedia:Unusual requests that have been posted to the village pump
- Wikipedia:Wikiality and Other Tripling Elephants - Stephen Colbert trolls Wikipedia!
- Wikinews:Bad jokes and other deleted nonsense
- Wiktionary:Bad jokes and other deleted nonsense
- Wikivoyage:Bad jokes and other deleted nonsense and Wikivoyage:Joke articles