If you wish to contact bureaucrats to alert them of a privacy issue or an emergency please use
or email wikien-bureaucratslists.wikimedia.org.
|Click here to add a new section|
|The Bureaucrats' noticeboard is a place where tasks related to the Bureaucrat permission can be discussed and coordinated. Any user is welcome to leave a message or join the discussion here. Please record any actions which require review below in a new section.
This is not a forum for grievances. It is a specific noticeboard addressing Bureaucrat-related issues. If you want to know more about an action by a particular bureaucrat, you should raise the matter with them on their talkpage in the first instance. Please stay on topic, remain civil, and remember to assume good faith. Take extraneous comments or threads to relevant talk pages.
Requests to hide usernames which are grossly insulting or contain personal information should be sent to the stewards OTRS queue via meta:Special:EmailUser/Wikimedia Stewards (or stewardswikimedia.org), or contact a steward privately via IRC (#wikimedia-stewards) but do not post it here.
To request your administrator status to be removed, initiate a new section below.
The following admins are due for procedural revocation of sysop rights:
- Done, thanks to all for their service. WormTT(talk) 07:13, 2 October 2015 (UTC)
- @Kharkiv07 and Worm That Turned: Tristanb shouldn't have been on this list because of the edits he made yesterday. Graham87 12:55, 2 October 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry! Missed that! Kharkiv07 (T) 14:04, 2 October 2015 (UTC)
- Update Missed crats 1 October 2015 grace period is over ?  and this remove adminship from Vanish Rkitko per  deletion of Talk with disappeared. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 14:34, 2 October 2015 (UTC)
- Bureaucrats cannot remove Bureaucrat user-right, only add it. Requests need to be made to stewards (I think!). As for Rkitko, I am restoring that talk page, but until he has been away for 1 year, or unless he requests removal of sysop right, it should remain under current rules. WormTT(talk) 14:47, 2 October 2015 (UTC)
- We're awaiting technical support for the bureaucrat activity table and then activity requirement notices will be sent. So the grace period is still ongoing. –xenotalk 14:49, 2 October 2015 (UTC)
Greetings, everyone. A routine bot-post on my talk page has brought to my attention changes in the resysoping policy. I know I sound like a broken record, but I continue to make read-only use of my admin flag throughout my research; and broken record'ly also, returning in any capacity is never precluded.
...So, since having taken my extended (-extended) sabbatical here, every annually-or-so, I would write some version of the above, and usually within less than a day or so, a bureaucrat would automatically either, if late resysop, or if early, un-desysop, me. Well, this time I'm early! What I'm getting at is: if the most recent changes to the resysop policy somehow resulted in effectively removing this (auto-confirm) flexibility from bureaucrats' discretion, please let me know. Undiplomatically put: I'm more than happy to perform a few admin maintenance tasks if it is deemed necessary, but note that that would be a symbolic gesture only, because if given a choice, my priority at this time, is to spend that time doing research (to make clear, a motivation which entirely born of my own present-circumstances and is in no way a comment on anything here whatsoever).
Anyway, as always (and longwindedly, for once!), much, much love to all my friends and colleagues, El_C 21:46, 4 October 2015 (UTC)