Wikipedia:Cambridge University Wikipedia Society
The Cambridge University Wikipedia Society (CUWPS) is an effort to coordinate staff, students and alumni of University of Cambridge on Wikipedia outreach efforts within the university. In its present form, it exists primarily as a mailing list used to communicate events of interest to Wikipedians in and around the University. In the past, it has organised talks and other activities for members, occasionally in collaboration with other University societies. Members regularly attend the Cambridge Wikimedia meetups. Ultimately, we hope to gather as many Wikipedians who are current members of the university, or alumni living in the nearby area, as possible.
Please sign yourself up on our mailing list to be informed of upcoming meetups and other events relating to Wikipedia within and around the University.
The following is a list of events that have been attended by society members, or organised in full or in part by the society. It excludes the Cambridge Wikimedia Meetups, which are held approximately twice a term. Events are listed in reverse chronological order.
- 8 March, Women's day editathon, Newnham College
- 13 October, Ada Lovelace Day editathon, the Centre for Computing History
- 8–10 August, Wikimania in London
- 27 February, User:Magnus Manske talked to the Wikipedia Society, meeting jointly with the CU Computing and Technology Society, about his recent work on Wikidata-related tools and practices. Dr Manske's slides are available here.
- 25 November, MRC editathon in Cambridge
- 8–9 October, We put up a stall at the annual University of Cambridge Societies' Fair.
- 17th June, Wikipedia garden party!
- 6th March, Andrew Gray delivers a "Dissecting Wikipedia" seminar at CRASSH, Cambridge University.
- 25 November, Wikipedia Society gathering and editing workshop at Cripps Court, Magdalene College.
- 2–3 October 2012, We put up a stall at the annual University of Cambridge Societies' Fair. See wmuk:Microgrants/Cambridge University Wikipedia Society.
The following members regularly attend Wikimedia meetups and are willing to advise on Wikipedia events within the University.
- Charles Matthews (talk) 19:39, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- cmɢʟee (talk) 14:04, 26 September 2012 (UTC)
- MatthewIreland (talk) 19:26, 2 March 2013 (UTC)
- Thehelpfulone (talk) 14:55, 26 December 2013 (UTC)
- Deryck Chan (talk) 22:01, 21 November 2015 (UTC)