This page is a notice board for things particularly relevant to Canadian Wikipedians or Wikipedians interested in Canada. Add any Canadian related articles in the appropriate list or sublist. Create a new sublist if an appropriate one does not exist yet. Please remove articles from this notice board once they have been dealt with appropriately.
- Discussion - Projects main talk page, where discussion about Canadian related Wikipedia matters take place.
- WPCanada automated pages
- WPCanada user generated pages
- Policies and guidelines
- Manual of Style - Summary of current conventions and writing styles for Canadian articles.
Current events/topical articles
- Catherine Galliford (currently a stub article) is the RCMP corporal who has brought forward allegations of extensive sexual harassment within the RCMP, and is now set to testify against the RCMP, on behalf of Pickton's victims and their families, at the Missing Women Commission of Inquiry.
Featured content candidates
- Featured articles
- Featured lists
- Featured pictures
- Featured sounds
Please link new candidates for Wikipedia's Did You Know section towards the top of the list, starting with the most recent article created/expanded date first. See Template talk:Did you know for current article nominations. Expansion and cleanup of candidate articles is also encouraged. Please add nominated or featured Did You Know? articles to the Did You Know? section of the Canadian Portal.
Candidates for deletion
Please add new entries to the top of the list. See also Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Canada.
Requested moves, mergers and splits
Please add new requests to the top of the list. Please link to a discussion of the requested move on the relevant talk page
- Elections Nunavut - Really needs sources added!
- New Democratic Party of Manitoba - needs to be updated to cover the events of the party's term in office under Premier Selinger, including the leadership challenge.
- Greg Selinger, current Premier of Manitoba, needs to be updated to cover the events of his premiership and particularly the provincial sales tax increase and subsequent events leading to the current leadership challenge and its outcome.
- Toronto municipal election, 2014 needs to be updated with election results for all wards
- Beaver Lake Cree Nation has a huge clutter problem from "harv" templates not being properly placed in ref tags. This is what I've done so far but there's more, and I'm tired of it. Why was this done this way and by whom?`
- Das Echo - didn't tag it yet, but needs cleanup for refimprove and also clumsy language, evidently German idioms translated straight across; I'm wondering if it's an adaptation of the German Wikipedia article, though I haven't looked at that yet and my German's not good enough to analyze it that way. Has a bit of POV and peacock in it too.
- Tara Teng - grossly overwritten and UNDUE, promotional, peacock, trivia and more; removing Crime, Sex Worker and other extraneous wikiprojects. Very much a "fan" article by its principal author.
- Potlatch Ban - I've created the missing Potlatch Law, Anti-Potlatch Law...Reason this is here is that it's just a start, and there are a-stylistic caps and other issues, including no mention of the 1922 revisions to the law which made it more severe. Athabaskan Potlatch is a newer article, something of a POV fork (though OMR who created the first one admits it's mostly Kwakwaka'wakw in information; potlatching in different peoples was different, especially in the Interior), and full of bad geography/history but earnest, also in need of cleanup; both need expansion and more citations/further reading. Placed IPNA and WPCAN templates, high importance on the first WP, mid on WPCAN, and history/politics/bc switches. It's also an orphan, with only two or three articles linking to it, yet I know it's mentioned in other aboriginal history politics articles, just not linked there.
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Canada/Vital Canadian articles - Looking for a project? Notwithstanding the importance of the subjects, many of the articles on this list are in dire need of improvement.
- Television in Canada looks like it may need a lot of work. Although I haven't read the whole article, so I don't know if it even deserves all those maintenance tags, but there's a lot of them. Anti-Quebec sentiment is pretty tagged-up as well. -- œ™ 18:51, 23 March 2011 (UTC)
- Downtown Eastside - has cleanup tag already; rambling, mixed content, "article bloat", and the "organizations" section though in text comes off like a directory/commentary....and Chinatown/Gastown/Japantown content is jumbled up with content on what the common usage of the term means (vs. the city designation, which isn't just Hastings). Needs a chainsaw and de-directoryfying.Skookum1 (talk) 08:04, 3 January 2011 (UTC)
- East Vancouver - added cleanup tag .... lots of uncited claims/statements, jumbled logic, unlinked linkables, rambling content, needs some de-POVing/editorializing.Skookum1 (talk) 02:07, 26 November 2010 (UTC)
- I made some expansions this morning by copying over material and refs from Wilson's article; issue remains whether it should be "Judi Tyabji" or by her current married name "Judi Tyabji Wilson"....still needs improvements, see talkpage.Skookum1 (talk) 20:43, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
- Articles in Category:Nuu-chah-nulth need cleanup after non-MOS expansion.
- Dockside Green - sustainable development in Victoria, needs a lot of work. Sources have been identified on the talk page, but have not been implemented in the article. See Talk:Dockside Green.
- Wikipedia:Canadian wikipedians' notice board/Cities - Per WP:NC, an incomplete review of which cities in Canada do or don't merit moves to their undisambiguated city names.
- Wikipedia:Canadian wikipedians' notice board/Missing municipalities - A list of incorporated municipalities in Canada which do not currently have articles. Note that at the present time, this project is only for incorporated municipalities, not unincorporated communities or neighbourhoods.
- Wikipedia:Canadian wikipedians' notice board/Missing Indian reserves - A list of Indian reserves in Canada which do not currently have articles.
- Category:Canada articles missing geocoordinate data - Follow the instructions at Template:Coord to add co-ordinates to these articles.
- Category:Unassessed Canada-related articles contains unassessed articles which should be updated with valid entries for class and importance parameters on the talk page WikiProject header.
- I've updated the how to fix backlog banner to point to the Canadian /Assessment page not the WP Assessment. Also added the assessbacklog banner for those interested in this part of the cleanup and for the Walterbot cleanup list. Argolin (talk) 01:00, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
- I have done a lot of work on the cannabis article, but mostly edits and new content in the Legalization and Commodity sections. This article was written long ago, years before the Federal Government announced that it would be legalized. So, there is still a ton of content on old court decisions, for example. IMHO, these could still be mentioned as part of the history of cannabis, but do we need so much space devoted to them? Peter K Burian (talk) 00:09, 17 January 2017 (UTC)
Please add new requests to the top of the list. Please keep debates on the relevant talk page, and only use this section for a concise neutral description of the issue.
Requests for images
General requests for images: Wikipedia requested photographs in Canada
Requests for articles
Requests for assessment
- Live assessment requests are located here.
- Canadian Freelance Union I have extended the entry to make it clearer what the union is up to, and have added citations. I will be adding a bit of a history-to-date section. Would like to remove the "stub" rating if possible.