Welcome to the Community portal!
This page provides a listing of current collaborations, tasks, and news about English Wikipedia. New to Wikipedia? See the contributing to Wikipedia page or our tutorial for everything you need to know to get started. For a listing of internal project pages of interest, see the department directory.
For a listing of ongoing discussions and current requests, see the Dashboard.
You can help improve the articles listed below! This list updates frequently, so check back here for more tasks to try. (See Wikipedia:Task Center for brief guides.)
Community bulletin board
|October 2021 +/-|
76 (Balboa Park)
|October 10, 2021|
|London 175||October 10, 2021|
|Michigan Architecture||October 20, 2021|
|UK virtual 5||October 24, 2021|
|BLT Online||October 24, 2021|
|South Africa 12||October 30, 2021|
|November 2021 +/-|
|London 176||November 14, 2021|
|BLT Online||November 28, 2021|
|Full Meetup Calendar • Events calendar on Meta|
For meetups in other languages, see the list on Meta
- Do you have need for a specialized script that doesn't exist yet, or have an idea for a cool new script or gadget? Post requests and ideas at Wikipedia:User scripts/Requests.
Projects seeking help
Also consider posting WikiProject, Task Force, and Collaboration news at the Signpost's WikiProject Report page.
- WikiProject Albums' backlog elimination drive is an attempt to reduce Category:Album infoboxes lacking a cover, which currently has 24,000 entries. Participation welcome!
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Idaho - Bringing it back to life; maybe the Portal:Idaho also. Mjquinn_id (talk) 20:45, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Zoo - Reviving this, any help is appreciated. -- PaleoMatt (talk) 17:10, 5 September 2021 (UTC)
- WikiProject Go, announces a new portal for the game of Go.
- WikiProject Sweep, which aims to comprehensively review every article created in Wikipedia's early days to ensure basic conformity to modern standards, has been launched following a successful proposal at the WikiProject Council.
- The Wikipedia Help Project seeks assistance expanding and improving the Task Center and other pages within the Help namespace.
- WikiProject Abandoned Drafts Stale draft drive. An ongoing drive dedicated to reducing the amount of stale user space drafts. Options are to delete, redirect, move to mainspace or blank. Stop by and help the drive out!
- WikiProject Spoken Wikipedia is looking for people who are interested in helping out in our project to get our articles into an audio format that can be used for any number of uses including, but not limited to, visually impaired or people who just prefer to listen to the article instead of reading it for whatever reason they choose. You can sign up here on our participant's page. We are also in need of native or fluent speakers so that everything is pronounced properly. You can sign up for the Pronunciation task force by adding your name as well as your languages of fluency to section 2.
Group efforts and monthly projects
- Guild of Copy Editors' blitz. The October 2021 editing blitz is a one-week long effort of the Guild of Copy Editors to reduce the backlog. This month's themes are: all requests and articles in the May and June backlogs. It started on 17 October 2021, 00:00 (UTC), and ends on 23 October 2021, 23:59 (UTC).
Ongoing group efforts
- The 100,000 Challenge. The quest to bring about 100,000 article improvements and creations globally through a series of 50,000/10,000/1000 Challenges for different regions and countries. This is a loose challenge, a list will not be maintained here, but the components will function independently on each of the subpages. Will be updated every week or two.
- The 50,000 Destubbing Challenge is a long term challenge to destub 50,000 articles on English Wikipedia for every country and topic. It may take decades to accomplish, it may take ten years, it all depends on how many people actively contribute.
- Wikipedia:WikiCup. The WikiCup is a championship that has taken place every year on Wikipedia since 2007. The Cup is played and won by skill of editing. The purpose of the Cup is to encourage content creation and improvement and make editing on Wikipedia more fun. There is a new round every month, until the current contest ends; below are the details.
- May 1 to June 28 – 32 contestants left.
- July 1 to August 29 – 16 contestants left.
- September 1 to October 31 – 8 finalists left, the contestant with the highest score will win!
- Monthly contest, WikiProject Military history. The contest department of the Military history WikiProject aims to motivate increased quality in military history articles by offering a form of friendly competition for project members making improvements to them. The primary contest available is a simple rolling competition that awards points for improving articles. The contest runs from the first to last day of each month.
- WikiProject Medicine Collaboration of the Month. Every month, a topic will be selected from this page that will be the focus of editing for some members of Wikipedia:WikiProject Medicine. The article may or may not yet exist. Topics may either relate to medical basic sciences (anatomy, biochemistry, and so on), or clinical medicine (illnesses, surgical procedures, and so on).
|Wiki project name||Individual projects|
|Women in Red||2021 March:
2021 Q1 contest:
2021 global initiatives:
Upcoming Remote Events, Discussions, and Conferences via electronic formats
Discussions and collaborations
Discussions in the following areas have requested wider attention via Requests for comment:
- Economy and trade
- History and geography
- Language and linguistics
- Media, the arts, and architecture
- Politics, government, and law
- Religion and philosophy
- Science and mathematics
- Society, sports, and culture
- Wikipedia policies and guidelines
- Wikipedia style and naming
- WikiProjects and collaborations
- Wikipedia technical issues and templates
- Wikipedia proposals
Newest featured content
Tip of the day