This page serves as a directory of copyright resources on Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia:Copyrights: the main Wikipedia copyright information page, covering both the copyrights Wikipedia applies to its contents, and the copyright handling of third party material used within Wikipedia or uploaded by individuals to the Wikipedia site.
- Wikipedia: Reusing Wikipedia content: the main page covering your rights and what you're allowed to do (and not do) in order to legitimately use material you see here.
- Public domain and fair use: A quick guide to these two terms, and how to tell if they apply for material you want to use on Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia:Image copyright tags: for a list of common templates and categories for permissible and prohibited materials.
- Wikipedia:Spotting possible copyright violations: What to look for if you're unsure whether something is permissible.
- Help:Page history and older page: Wikipedia:Copyright violations on history pages: Copyright in Wikipedia's history pages.
Resources for getting material legally
- Wikipedia:Requesting copyright permission: Seen something useful for your article? Learn what permissions to ask for and how to ask for them.
- Wikipedia:Finding images tutorial: Getting the images you need
Questions and concerns
- Policy discussion
- Wikipedia:Copyright violations if you feel your copyrighted material has been improperly used and you want to ask, discuss, complain, or have it rapidly removed.
- Can I add this image to Wikipedia? / Can I copy-paste this text into Wikipedia?
- Possible/suspected violation
- Complex issues/fair use checking – fair use is singled out as a complex issue, because often, when disputed, it is a matter of judgement whether the specified use is, or isn't, likely to be reasonable fair use.
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Copyright Cleanup – a WikiProject dedicated to helping out with copyright concerns.
- General help/discussion for anything that doesn't fall under one of the above