Wikipedia:Dispute Resolution Improvement Project
I have been a Wikimedia Fellow for eight months, and in that time, it has been an amazing experience. To work with the community and the WMF on issues that are near and dear to me has been great, and while my fellowship is coming to an end, my work on dispute resolution will still continue. Below I sum up the work I have done as a fellow, as well as my plans for the future. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me on my enwiki talk page or at cro0016gmail.com.
- Compiled and presented the results of the dispute resolution survey. In the survey, where I took a sample of the community based on their activity in dispute resolution, and asked various questions to "paint a picture" of the average DR editor. The results of the survey can be found at this page.
- Gathered statistics of key dispute resolution areas to examine their effectiveness. The methodology and full results of the analysis (for the month of May) can be found at this page.
- At Wikimania 2012 as part of the fellows panel, I delivered a presentation (slides at File:Dispute Resolution on the English Wikipedia.pdf) on my findings thus far as well as my plans to make dispute resolution more efficient and effective, including a workflow method for filing disputes.
- Implemented changes to the dispute resolution noticeboard including a volunteer guide to give people an introduction to dispute resolution, as well as structure and process changes to create a more efficient process.
- Held a requests for comment on using a universal form for requesting dispute resolution, which was accepted by the community. This universal wizard has been written and is nearly ready for testing.
- Conducted a survey of volunteers, and learned ways that we can improve the experience of dispute resolution volunteers and participants to make the processes more efficient and appealing.
After my fellowship is over, I would like to continue the effort to improve dispute resolution. I will work with existing volunteers to make the idea of dispute resolution a more attractive one, continue working on streamlining dispute resolution overall and ensure that the universal request wizard is implemented, to make dispute resolution easier to use for all. I hope that the community will join me in this effort.
You will get updates by signing up.
- Bobzchemist (talk) 15:18, 5 September 2012 (UTC)
- ChrisGualtieri (talk) 15:21, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
- — Dmitrij D. Czarkoff (talk) 01:31, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
- ~~Ebe123~~ → report 00:39, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
- Egeymi (talk) 23:10, 5 September 2012 (UTC)
- Guy Macon (talk) 10:56, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
- Jobberone (talk) 16:11, 8 September 2012 (UTC)
- Ocaasi t | c 15:36, 1 September 2012 (UTC)
- Busy, but interested in tracking numbers, and seeing how things improve. Shooterwalker (talk) 16:02, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
- Lord Sjones23 (talk - contributions) 19:02, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
- --SmokeyJoe (talk) 03:59, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
- Greengreengreenred 00:57, 11 March 2013 (UTC)
- wL<speak·check> 03:30, 25 June 2013 (UTC)
- --SPhilbrick(Talk) 19:02, 8 September 2013 (UTC)
- Liz Read! Talk! 02:58, 10 October 2013 (UTC)
- Robert McClenon (talk) 16:13, 13 June 2015 (UTC)
- --Human3015Send WikiLove 16:50, 13 August 2015 (UTC)