Wikipedia:Do not write articles using categories
|This essay contains the advice or opinions of one or more Wikipedia contributors on Wikipedia:Categorization and Wikipedia:Overcategorization. Essays are not Wikipedia policies or guidelines. Some essays represent widespread norms; others only represent minority viewpoints.|
|This page in a nutshell: Do not use categories to mention every aspect of the topic covered|
As mentioned in the general guideline, categorization is primarily used to navigate between similar articles.
Albert Einstein is a notable individual for many reasons. Categorizing every aspect of his character and achievements may not be very useful and sometimes even trivial.
Here are a few examples to better illustrate the point. Below is some information about Albert Einstein in no particular order, according to his entry on Wikipedia:
- Albert Einstein was a male
- Albert Einstein played the violin
- Albert Einstein considered himself a pacifist and humanitarian
- Albert Einstein is a known vegetarian.
- Albert Einstein was heterosexual.
- Albert Einstein was not involved with the construction of the atomic bomb, he was considered a security risk.
- Albert Einstein promoted nuclear disarmament.
- Albert Einstein was offered the post of second president of the then newly created state of Israel.
- Albert Einstein changed citizenship.
- Albert Einstein's portrait was printed on Israeli currency.
- Albert Einstein's parents needlessly worried about his language development.
- Albert Einstein did well in school.
- Albert Einstein survived both World Wars.
- Albert Einstein was not drafted during WW2.
- Albert Einstein observed a solar eclipse.
- Lots of buildings, awards, and even Astronomical objects are named after Albert Einstein
- Albert Einstein's first name starts with an 'A'
- Albert Einstein's last name starts with an 'E'
When categorized based on above traits, the categorization does not help anyone navigate related topics easily. The information presented above is clearly encyclopedic but trivial when it comes to categorization.