|Editor Assistance: Requests|
- 1 Request arbitration on Trolleybus
- 2 Page Restore Request - TeamSupport
- 3 Advice request: How do I address repeated reversions by an IP Address Account that won't discuss it?
- 4 One Direction active band members
- 5 How to put a warning on approaching 3RR?
- 6 Brecksville, Ohio
- 7 My content being reverted various times w/o explanations
- 8 International Music Score Library Project
Request arbitration on Trolleybus
- Supplement: This is my plan for the edit on #disadvantage-Comparison to Trams:
- More control required - Trolleybuses must be driven like a motorbuses, requiring directional control by the driver.
- Road based restriction - Rail-based vehicles can have tighter loading gauges than road vehicles, and can skim in the decking/paving for bridges and tunnels. This can be beneficial for modern trams routes that is constructed in the manner of light rail. [further explanation needed] This disadvantage is less apparent if the proposed tram/light rail route is used to replace existing road-running bus route.
- Car commuter transfer rate - Consistent market research and experience over the last 50 years in Europe and North America shows that car commuters are willing to transfer some trips to rail-based public transport but not to buses. Typically light rail systems attract between 30 and 40% of their patronage from former car trips. Bus systems attract less than 5% of trips from cars, less than the variability of traffic.
- Higher capacity - In many cases tram networks have a higher capacity than similar buses. This has been cited as a reason for the replacement of one of Europe's busiest bus lines (with three-minute headways in peak times) with a tram by Dresdner Verkehrsbetriebe.
User:Anmccaff proposed edit is as follow:
Trolleybuses must be driven like a motorbuses, requiring directional control by the driver. Because buses not fixed to a track, bridges, tunnels, and right-of-way must be wider.
In the talk page he actually said the following:
No, you are stating something which is both different from the original point, and wrong. For straight tunnels and bridges, rail can have tighter loading gauges than steerable vehicles, and can skimp in the decking, since all the loads are predictably on the rail. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the maximum size of vehicle that can be used on a dedicated road right of way. Buses can be made are wide as you like, and are: there are some semi-production 13 footers, IMS. Rail can be no wider than about twice the track gauge. The same point applies to height. The track width of buses is greater, that means more resistance to tipping. Easier to make the unit taller, not harder. Anmccaff (talk) 00:10, 15 August 2016 (UTC)
- Unftunately this is the wrng venue. he forum you want is WP:Dispute resolution noticeboard (see the instructions on the top of this page and again in red at the top of this page when you edited it). You may wish to copy and repost your issue there. It's a more active forum with people specialised in content issues. Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 01:48, 15 August 2016 (UTC)
Page Restore Request - TeamSupport
I have been a contributor to Wikipedia for many years and recently had a page abruptly deleted that I initially created:
I went in to add that the company had recently opened an office in South Africa only to find the page had been entirely deleted. No message to clarify or rectify the content like I am accustomed to, just outright deletion. I am a research professional with over a decade of experience in secondary research. I find it frustrating that despite taking a neutral point of view (i.e. listing the positive and negatives of the company) and gathering an array of third party sources that the page was deleted. This is the first time a page I have created has been deleted.
I added the page as a software user and seeing how poor its competitor pages are, yet these competitor pages still remain...
I would like for this page to be restored and would like to work with someone who can help me. I'm happy to change content and pull sources as needed to get the page back online and in good standing. Working with the person who deleted the page would not be ideal in this scenario as in my opinion our personalities may not align well (i.e. they call people "chumpions" and "nitwits" on their talk page).
Thank you very much for your time,
- Follow the instructions at Deletion Review, starting with the part about contacting the administrator who deleted the article. If the admin or deletion review restores your article it's probably going to be in your userspace. You won't get any help working on it there, so you might want to submit it through the Article Wizard into the Draftspace where you can ask for it to be reviewed from time to time before it shows up "live" in the mainspace and becomes subject to being deleted again. Regards, TransporterMan (TALK) 04:06, 16 August 2016 (UTC)
Advice request: How do I address repeated reversions by an IP Address Account that won't discuss it?
Hello. An editor without an account 188.8.131.52 has been repeatedly replacing changes I've made to the above article. In each case, their edits have included no sources, no edit summary, and no post on the article's talk page explaining the reason for the edits. I have left messages on their talk page and also the article talk page requesting a discussion of the edits, but the editor has not responded. I have reverted this editor's edits on 3 occasions over the past 3 weeks, but in the last few days the editor has re-applied their edits once again. I am reluctant to revert their changes again at this point because I don't want to engage in an edit war. What should I do? Thanks. --Bryan H Bell (talk) 08:29, 16 August 2016 (UTC)
- Do what you did, which is to explain your thinking and concerns on the Talk page and try to engage - and avoid edit warring. I've reverted the IP's excisions and left a warning on its Talk page. I don't know whether your information is more or less correct than what the IP is introducing but it is certainly better explained and better sourced, and in the absence of any other conversation, sourced / explained wins! Let's see what happens from here. JohnInDC (talk) 12:30, 16 August 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you for your assistance! It looks like your actions may have encouraged the editor to create an account and respond on the article's talk page, which is just what I was hoping for. I also don't know if the information I've added is more or less correct, so I'm glad that now we can work together to figure this out and improve the article. Thanks again. --Bryan H Bell (talk) 19:49, 16 August 2016 (UTC)
One Direction active band members
Hi! I just noticed that Liam Payne has been moved to former members when he is still an active member of One Direction. All the members (minus Zayn of course) are still under contract as One Direction, the only difference is that Liam, Harry, and possibly Niall have side contracts as solo artists as well. I saw a couple other websites had to change their pages because they made the same change and listed Liam as a solo artist of former member. To be clear, Liam Payne IS still in One Direction he just also has a solo contract. Thank you for your time!
- This forum is for advice on how to edit, not to request edits. You should state your concern on the article talk page or be bold and make the change yourself if, in either case, you can provide a reliable source as defined by Wikipedia for the change. Regards, TransporterMan (TALK) 04:03, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
How to put a warning on approaching 3RR?
I think I am at a point where either me or User:Anmccaff will approach 3RR. Instead of going there right now, I want to do the following:
- Put it up on the talk page on the specific
- Possibly putting an "approach 3RR" warning
- Since you're both past 3RR, I've issued a warning to both of you. If a party will not discuss (though I don't really think that's an issue here), consider the advice given at DISCFAIL. — TransporterMan (TALK) 20:33, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
I am being bullied by an editor Ryecatcher773. I have been maintaining Breckville. Ohio for a couple years. Recently, Ryecatcher773 has been inappropriately making changes to this site and then insulting my education background, etc. I am frustrated because Wikipedia makes the dispute process very difficult to navigate. Additionally, they do not appear to monitor the bullying comments that "editors" post. Sfo1980 (talk) 14:55, 19 August 2016 (UTC)sfo1980
- This appears to be a content dispute, and as such not suitable for resolution here. You should raise your concerns on the article's Talk page (though for what it's worth I agree with Ryecatcher). Thanks. JohnInDC (talk) 15:11, 19 August 2016 (UTC)
My content being reverted various times w/o explanations
re Pacifica and also KPFK page,
reverts being made various times by Stereorock who demeaningly describes my efforts to report updated info. I am undereducated in HTML and computer-istics probably -obviously - but willing to correct & learn about process...Content I write is intended to update information not easily available. These are radio station & umbrella organization that are mostly non transparent. Other information there is old, slanted and some outdated altogether. Trying to inform and report all I attempt to do, not sway nor have any gains. please help me with this person who quickly reverts my diligent work. I tried to use talk page but not sure I did correctly. thank you. Activistrep (talk) 19:21, 19 August 2016 (UTC)activistrep Aug 19 2016
- These are content disputes and the first resort should be to raise the issues in the articles' Talk pages. Though, as in the preceding instance, here too I'm inclined to agree with the reversions. JohnInDC (talk) 00:56, 20 August 2016 (UTC)