Wikipedia:Featured article candidates/Gay Nigger Association of America/Archive1
Despite of being a great article about a piece of internet culture, it is unfairly going through its sixth VFD. They even tried to change the rules so that they'd have more of a chance to delete it, but wikipedians just seem to like it too much. (Nomination by 22.214.171.124 (talk · contribs))
- Would like to second this FAC nomination, but only once the VfD is complete. For the time being, this is being closed down. - Ta bu shi da yu 9 July 2005 07:27 (UTC)
- Object, since it needs to be cleaned up, expanded. We need to see what is really true and what really is a hoax. There is many things we have to add to this. I suggest sending this to Peer Review. Zscout370 (Sound Off) 9 July 2005 04:59 (UTC)
- Who know what, this is at Peer Review now (see Wikipedia:Peer review/Gay Nigger Association of America/archive3). I ask the admins to close this down, since I believe this is a bad faith nomination, see his contributions above and his edit at . Zscout370 (Sound Off) 9 July 2005 05:12 (UTC)
- If an article you've nominated for deletion on VfD is not deleted...
- do reconsider whether your nomination was justified.
- don't frivolously nominate the same article for featured article status.
- It's going through VFD and Peer Review right now to find out how to fix the article and how to make it work. This FAC, to me, is pointless, since it is going through those processes now. That is why I said it is a bad faith nomination (which is a term used a bunch on Wikipedia.) Zscout370 (Sound Off) 9 July 2005 06:45 (UTC)
- Object. The very presence of this article on Wikipedia is evidence of systemic bias, due to self-selection of editors from a pool made up entirely of Internet users, in favor of Internet subcultures and other phenomena with no relevance in the real world outside of the 'net. Kaibabsquirrel 9 July 2005 07:06 (UTC)
- Though I am objecting to this article, but if this is really a FAC debate, this will be considered inactionable. Raul654, the admin who watches these pages, said that any article that survives a VFD can be considered to be FAC's. We do have articles that are featured that deal with subjects not in the real world, such as Dalek and Link. Zscout370 (Sound Off) 9 July 2005 07:09 (UTC)
- Object, still subject to VFD which means it's not stable by a long shot. - Mgm|(talk) July 9, 2005 07:53 (UTC)
- Support once this survives its eleventeenth round on VfD. —RaD Man (talk) 06:25, 10 July 2005 (UTC)