Wikipedia:Featured article candidates/Paul Martin/archive2
Object. Every footnote is just an URL. They should contain information about the source like author and title other than the URL. I have fixed a few footnotes who referred to CBC News. I think that this is gorunds enough for an objection since the comprehensiveness of the footnotes is poor for the moment. Jeltz talk 00:42, 29 November 2006 (UTC)
- Done --Arctic Gnome 01:26, 30 November 2006 (UTC)
- Object. While it does now have several refs, they need serious work. Put them in cite php/web format. See Eagle Scout (Boy Scouts of America) for samples. Rlevse 02:51, 29 November 2006 (UTC)
- Object. Large parts of the article go totally without inline citations. "Early life", "Candidacy for the Liberal Party leadership", "Becoming Prime Minister", "Prime Minister" - sections like these need inline citations.--Dwaipayan (talk) 09:35, 30 November 2006 (UTC)
- Support - Well written, NPOV, broad in coverage, stabile, focused. Comment: the second and fourth sentances in the lead paragraph are equivalent, they could be combined, as to avoid repetition; Section "Entertainment" should be renamed (to something like "Appearances in media") as he isn't an entertainer after all (nor very entertaining).--Qyd 15:08, 30 November 2006 (UTC)
- Merged the 2nd and 4th lines of the lead papagraph. --Arctic Gnome 19:54, 30 November 2006 (UTC)
- "In 1969, Power Corporation took a controlling-share in CSL. On December 2, 1970, Paul Martin, the 32-year old executive assistant to Power Corporation Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Maurice Strong, was appointed to the CSL board of directors."
It does not tell how he became "executive assistant" to CEO of Power Corp.?
- "One month later, in July, 1981 Power Corporation announced it was selling its subsidiary CSL Group for $195 million (CAD). CSL Group at this time included the shipping company, shipyards, engineering firms, and a bus service (Voyageur, previously known as Provincial Transport). The following month in August, 1981, Paul Martin and his friend Lawrence Pathy secured financing and announced their intention to purchase CSL Group Incorporated for the price advertised by Power Corporation."
How did he secure financing for 195 Million dollars?
- One sided view, what about this:
- CSL and fiscal evasion House of Commons debate - Hansard ?