Wikipedia:Featured article review/Blackadder
- Article is no longer a featured article.
this article is not in good shape. it is a rather weak example of a tv series article, failing FAC1. it cannot be considered well written ("Also, Blackadder popularised the use of exaggerated simile and similar devices for comic effect in Britain") or comprehensive (there is little or no behind-the-scenes stuff about the writing and filiming process etc), so fails FAC2. the lead doesnt summarize the article sufficiently, failing FAC3, the image doesnt have fairuse rationale failing FAC4, also its lack of "disinterested" 3rd-party sources hurts it - none of the very few references listed could be considered neutral and reliable enough to support assertions like "Blackadder popularised the use of exaggerated simile and similar devices for comic effect in Britain". Zzzzz
- remove per nom Zzzzz 17:17, 12 March 2006 (UTC)
- Remove per nom. Mikker ... 18:47, 13 March 2006 (UTC)
- Remove per nom and for lack of inline citations. AndyZ 22:08, 14 March 2006 (UTC)
- Remove per all. —Eternal Equinox | talk 23:30, 16 March 2006 (UTC)
- Remove I agree with the nomination points. In addition, the extensive use of lists is not "good writing" and makes reading less than smooth. The section of quoted dialog seems arbitrarily selected, and also unnecessary detail. Around 75% of the main text is under "spoiler warning", a good part of that not from summary of show analysis, but simply from season and special descriptions; although spoiler sections seem common and accepted in WP, when they apply to straighforward descriptions, that would seem to indicate "overly ('indiscriminately') detailed and not summary style". --Tsavage 16:38, 19 March 2006 (UTC)