Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/By George, the Country Needs Me!
Voting period is over. Please don't add any new votes. Voting period ends on 19 Feb 2013 at 01:51:18 (UTC)
- A fine Art Nouveau recruitment poster; one of the more attractive and interesting from WWI.
- Articles in which this image appears
- In no particular order: History of the United Kingdom during World War I, Patronages of Saint George, Recruitment to the British Army during the First World War, Saint George.
- FP category for this image
- Wikipedia:Featured pictures/History/WWI
- Parliamentary Recruiting Committee, restored by Adam Cuerden.
- Support as nominator --Adam Cuerden (talk) 01:51, 10 February 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: I tweaked the licencing (if you don't have any issues, I suggest you change the other versions similarly, or I can, if you would like). Question: did the original poster use such a poor contrast ratio (the dull green on black) or have we lost something along the way of reproducing it? Grandiose (me, talk, contribs) 23:10, 11 February 2013 (UTC)
- It's a metallic green, and metallic colours are unreproducable on computer monitors, unfortunately. Of course, the main issue is that the poster creator never designed this to be seen as a tiny thumbnail on an aggressively white background. It looks fine at a larger size. Adam Cuerden (talk) 23:56, 11 February 2013 (UTC)