Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva
Voting period is over. Please don't add any new votes. Voting period ends on 4 Aug 2010 at 23:51:54 (UTC)
- High quality photograph of an enormously notable individual with unambiguous licensing. Used as the lead portrait in the biography (and used all over the place elsewhere). Already featured on Commons and the Turkish Wikipedia. Far better than the official portraits employed by the American government. It may benefit from a cropping, but I'll leave that up to you lovely people. Caption copied from the article lead.
- Articles in which this image appears
- Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, President of Brazil (as well as History of South America, Pernambuco, History of the socialist movement in Brazil and many others in galleries/lists)
- FP category for this image
- Ricardo Stuckert
- Support as nominator --J Milburn (talk) 23:51, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- Support An important person, and the quality of the photograph is fantastic. Gut Monk (talk) 00:22, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
- Oppose Has an odd, Photoshopped look to it, like someone pasted his image into another photo. Also, crop is bad and appears designed to catch overflying UFOs. Greg L (talk) 02:23, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
- The first issue would be the lighting- he's been lit up, which the background hasn't. Interestingly, we often oppose for the opposite reason- too much background light. Hard to find the happy medium :) I wouldn't be confident with regards to how much to crop, myself, but I would like to see a crop too. J Milburn (talk) 02:30, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
- Previous failed nomination: here Spikebrennan (talk) 17:20, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
- Comment. The crop is presumably to include the distinctive facade of the Palácio do Planalto behind him. On the other hand, since the DOF is so shallow, it doesn't do so particularly well. Chick Bowen 03:37, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
- Support The expression, the DOF, and especially the subtlety of the abstract architecture in the background make this a great photo. upstateNYer 01:17, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Support Per above, though I would prefer a crop, maybe to eliminate that triangle in the top left. Cowtowner (talk) 20:49, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
- 4 out of 5 needed supports.