Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Rye
- Proposed caption
The painting represents boundless rye fields in the forest steppe region of the Central Black Earth Region. Acquired from the painter by the merchant Pavel Tretyakov, the canvas still hangs in the Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow.
A high-resolution scan of the iconic Russian landscape.
- Articles this image appears in
- Nominate and support. --Ghirla-трёп- 09:35, 29 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support. This attractive image (in contrast to the also-recently-nominated "The Ninth Wave"), has much clearer encyclopedicity. Spikebrennan 15:03, 29 August 2007 (UTC)
- What is meant by encyclopedicity? Do you mean the ability to reuse this painting in many different articles? Encyclopedias are collections of information useful for knowledge of a subject. These paintings have an intended artistic purpose, rather than to give people useful information. I'm struggling to understand what truly made this painting seem more encyclopedic than "The Ninth Wave".--Puddyglum 18:10, 29 August 2007 (UTC)
- Neutral It's a quality scan of a painting, but if it were a larger scan it would be more feature-able. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Puddyglum (talk • contribs) 17:56, August 29, 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, I agree. It should be quite larger, but this is quite sharp as it is. And it falls within reqs. vlad§inger tlk 01:40, 30 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support- An amazing composition, and a good reproduction.--ragesoss 23:15, 30 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support Very sharp scan. And that's really, really realistic. Jumping cheese 04:24, 31 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support Clear, crisp scan and very realistic subject indeed. (I thought it was a photograph!) -- Chris.B 15:28, 31 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support per above, really good painting =] (and scan) --Childzy ¤ Talk 22:33, 3 September 2007 (UTC)
Promoted Image:Rozh.jpg MER-C 09:00, 5 September 2007 (UTC)