Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Sapho
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Voting period is over. Please don't add any new votes. Voting period ends on 12 Mar 2013 at 02:42:41 (UTC)
- This is the poster used for the première of a significant opera, and thus very historically significant, although I will agree it's a little garish. Still, we can't very well go back and get different art made for the opera's première, so I think judgement of the artistic merit is trumped anyway.
- This was the last of the Massenet posters I had available, and probably the most damaged, meaning I've literally been working at this for days, trying to fix up everything. Think I got the majority of it, but if you see more, please point it out and I'll fix it.
- Articles in which this image appears
- Significant uses: Sapho (Massenet), Emma Calvé. Gallery only: Jean de Paleologu
- FP category for this image
- Jean de Paleologu, restored by Adam Cuerden
- Support as nominator --Adam Cuerden (talk) 02:42, 3 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support Very nice. – Kerαunoςcopia◁galaxies 22:06, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support Good enc. SpencerT♦C 07:07, 6 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support Striking. JJ Harrison (talk) 10:39, 8 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support. I've been thinking about this for a while--EV isn't great, given that this represents the performance, not the work itself (and a performance that, according to our article, was not based on the canonical version of the work). But EV for Calvé is pretty good. Chick Bowen 19:00, 8 March 2013 (UTC)